Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure)

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Collector's Edition (and Loki figure

Postby frankiepugs » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

MrNerdDad, I called my gamestop and thats what the girl said to do as well. I plan on going in this week and preordering the figures. I hope I get two free, one for the CE and one for the Xbox one starter set.

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Shaun2040 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:41 pm

I keep going back and forth with Mainiac's point about putting what I would spend on the collectors edition into characters & playsets or just forking over the $60 or so into that sweet diorama. I will probably end up getting the collectors edition.

rank_0
Shaun2040
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Ahh, great tip MrNerdDad, thanks for sharing. I'll make sure to do that when in my Gamestop area again, Thank You. :)

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby mva5580 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Ehhhh, I went to Gamestop to pre order it yesterday just to have my name down, but I may end up cancelling.

So essentially for an extra $100 you get 3 figures and the stand. The unknown is what sales will be going on the first day, as when 1.0 came out multiple places had everything B1G1 50% off. So if that happens again you could get 4 figures as opposed to 3 (I understand Hulk won't be out yet) for $39, and even throw in both playsets so adding that plus the regular starter pack would get you the cost of the collector's edition. Obviously if that B1G1 sale isn't going on, then that changes a lot.

But assuming that sale is happening again (which I imagine it would,) you're basically either spending $180 and getting the collector's edition with 6 figures and the base or spending $180 and getting the regular starter pack, 4 other figures, and 2 play sets.

Typing it out, I think my choice is actually pretty easy lol. That stand is nice and all, but I don't think it's worth that much to me.

rank_0
mva5580
Main Console: PS3

Postby InfiniBox » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm

I just went into Gamestop and paid off the Collector's Edition as well as The Guardians of the Galaxy playset, Rocket Racoon, Groot, and Drax. Now I just need the Spider-Man playset, Venom, and Iron Fist. Nick Fury is still my free figure, already preordered. I'm definitely going all out with 2.0. :)
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
PSN ID:

Postby herbhen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Just another heads up to UK fans, GAME have now dropped their online price, its now £114.99 for the PS4 collectors edition and £109.99 for the PS3 version so now the same as Amazon with free UK delivery. Both retailers are also listing the release date as 19.09.14!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby John1701d » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:52 pm

It looks like Gamestop is the only place to get a free figure with the collector's edition. I was hoping to use Amazon but the $14 figure really helps with the decision to buy this set....

rank_0
John1701d
PSN ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah, I could put that extra money towards more figures and such....but the nerd in me just won't let that happen.

When I showed my wife the collectors edition her first words were "Where on earth are you going to put that?" :lol: Followed by "It lights up...cool!"
One of the many reasons I love that woman. :D

I'll place my order at Gamestop. They did well by me for 1.0 and I'll just do the same as last time. Reserve the free figure I want and just have them take that $5 off another character or something.

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby bwattsup » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 am

@John 1701d: I pre-ordered the collectors edition from amazon a couple of days ago when they started giving the free figure discount. Got Rocket as my freebie. Strangely, now the collectors edition isn't listed in the deal again.:o I wonder if that's because I've already pre-ordered. That extra figure was a big deal to me as well.
To INFINITY...and you know the rest!

rank_100_ftb
bwattsup
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys