Any disney announcements?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Any disney announcements?

Postby SuperHazman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Elektra's Sai's can be found in a screenshot of the Interiors. I created a topic about it which I'll link below.

Photo:

Original Topic:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8382&p=92489&hilit=Elektra#p92489
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Maserati777 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:49 pm

So it looks like Disney fans will be waiting awhile.....Makes you wonder if they even care about Disney fans.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Of course they don't care about Disney fans. 40 power discs, all DI1 characters given upgrades, all Disney builders, lots of new Disney Toy Box content, etc.

:roll:

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby shades_smiley » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey everyone, just had an Ah-ha moment.

There has been a lot of talk about the "Disney Originals" starter set that was found on retailers databases and such. The theory was that there would be a companion starter set for 2.0 with non-Marvel characters like Donald, Stitch, Maleficent, etc.

Well, I don't want to burst anyone's balloon, but I was just looking at the official Disney Infinity webpage (infinity.disney.com) and noticed they have broken up the playset, character, and power disc listings into "Marvel Super-Heroes" and "Disney Originals". But "Disney Originals" is nothing more than the 1.0 stuff.

So, it appears they are simply RE-BRANDING 1.0 as "Disney Originals". And it's very possible that what we have seen listed with retailers is nothing more than a re-release of the 1.0 starter set.

Just a theory, but it also makes sense. I never quite got behind the idea of their being a second starter set for 2.0. It just seems contradictory to what they're trying to accomplish with branding each new installment. And it's confusing for the average consumer.

That said, I still have faith there will be 2-3 Disney playsets in 2.0, we're just not going to hear about them until the end of the year.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Maserati777 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Looks like my post holds. Hopefully they'll have the game disc sold separately by itself, though I probably won't buy it until I see what Disney playsets are available.

Kind of sucks when you have to wait over a year inbetween games though.

rank_250
Maserati777

Postby BenFleischman » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:24 am

@shades_smiley
New characters like Merida and Maleficent were listed as "Disney Originals" characters, as well, so its definitely not just a rebranding. And last time there were 6 playsets. I know we're going to get 6 again, because JV said in the GB interview that the new playsets are the same length as the old ones.

And as I said earlier:

On the DI Fb page, they have responded to people saying more Disney characters will be announced closer to the fall - so later this summer - and BEFORE the game's release!

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:34 am

^To add onto this, it is not just a rebranding. Disney Orignals is referring to all Disney characters, from before in 1.0 and for the future. And I'm sure it is not that they do not care about Disney fans...They are pushing Marvel now but there will definitely be Disney stuff coming. They haven't forgotten about you Disney-only fans!
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby Mac D Nook » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:45 pm

I'm certain there will be plenty of non-Marvel Disney stuff in the game, they just want to hype the Marvel aspect now. Chances are, this will be the only Marvel-centric installment to the series, with later Marvel stuff sprinkled in here and there in each game, so they want to really push that now.

rank_50
Mac D Nook

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Oh I thought Disney originals would be non marvel Disney figures coming out

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext