Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 Official Compatibility Chart

PLEASE contact Sheriff Woody before starting topics in this section

Re: Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 Official Compatibility Chart

Postby toops » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:29 am

correct it unlocks all toys regardless of your completion percentage.

@nton there are tokens you find in the play set that unlock the use of a specific character. i.e. in spiderman you can find ten iron man tokens that let you play as iron man in the play set. it is presumably only in the marvel play sets due to how they cross over in their universe, not for disney

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby megadrive2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:31 am

^ I guess there may be some Disney properties with crossover possibilities, (should a playset be produced). Cars and Planes for instance.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby cmdrgoofy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:30 am

That would be interesting to see these Marvel-style crossovers in Disney playsets. I wonder how many Disney properties might have these crossover possibilities. Tangled and Frozen, given Rapunzel's cameo in Frozen. Disney Fairies and Peter Pan. And it's kind of a stretch, but maybe Wreck-It-Ralph and Tron, since both take place in a digital world.

rank_0
cmdrgoofy

Postby Vidia » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 am

There was a Phineas and Ferb / Marvel crossover, so I'd love it if they put a hidden mission for Perry in one of the Marvel playsets just as a little easter egg.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby Infinityfan05 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 am

Can't wait to use my Figures and Power Discs from 1.0 to 2.0

rank_100
Infinityfan05
PSN ID:

Postby megapepsi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 am

It's really good to see this released it will put a whole load of rumors and misinformation finally to bed.
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be home for Breakfast

rank_50
megapepsi
PSN ID:

Postby ntnon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:39 am

But if we can get Toybox2.0 downloaded onto DI, then what's compatible...? If the portals are interchangeable, the 2.0 figures can be read, then it follows that Fury (et al.) can probably go into Toybox2.0 on DI. But will the Toybox2 download allow anything else from 2.0 to work on DI...?

I'm more confused now by this upgrade download business than before..!

rank_500
ntnon

Postby ShakaDaSky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:03 am

the DI toybox 2.0 download is a bit confusing. I'm no expert, but this is how I understand it ...

The toybox 2.0 download will essentially replace the 1.0 toybox. I don't know if it will actually over-write it, I doubt it, but it may give you the option to play either DI1 or DI2. Now, only the "Toybox" should be affected. Which means, your playsets for 1.0 should still work, because you are still running on 1.0. Only the new toybox should allow for the new content.
I sense a disturbance in the Force ... false alarm, just the Big Mac I ate

rank_100
ShakaDaSky
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby ntnon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:45 am

Right, and since the DI playsets are character specific, there's no possibility of using Nick Fury in a DI playset. Similarly, we presume that as the download is just a Toybox thing, we can't play Marvel Playsets. However, if the Pyramid gamediscs are essentially fancy toyboxes, that may suggest that the Pyramid games will be playable through DI+Toybox2.

I suppose it'll depend on what game/character information will be included in the download. If the gamedisc is where Playset information is, playsets are probably-certainly out. But if the character information doesn't come with Toybox2 download, we won't be able to use 2.0 characters in the 2.0 Toybox through DI... which would rather defeat the purpose of allowing the Toybox2 download. So character information must come with Toybox2, or there's no point. Similarly, if Pyramid games can be unlocked for every character, it would make eminent sense to include those with Toybox2 download...

Maybe?

(As confusing as it all is, this COULD be backwards-compatibility in all but name, which would be a broadly good thing.)

N.B. Has anything been said about whether the Toybox2 download would be a free gesture for DI owners who now want to throw money at Disney to buy more characters..? Or are we expected to pay for the ability to build slightly larger toyboxes and buy more characters (if they'll work, as above)..?

rank_500
ntnon

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity walkthroughs and how to guides