Disney Infinity Base Uber Geek Time

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Base Uber Geek Time

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 pm

^Well, that would be your opinion unsurprisingly, but you did briefly consider becoming a collector's piece in a museum once, along with ol' Stinky Pete who was as Jessie said: "He's mint in the box, never been opened." until.. well you remember, enough said.

There's something to be said for keeping them protected, a lot of work went into them... on the other hand, it's like being a kid again and the whole reason for the figures is that physical connection to the real world from the digital, I loved the video where the person demoing it swapped a figure out right there and then and it changed in-game. I'm guessing that only works in Toy Box, but still cool.

I would disagree on comparing it to eating and ingesting food without taking the wrapping off, that's quite worrying...

There are display cases, and shelves on Amazon, and could always look to some other piece of furniture or jewellery box kind of thing to protect them when not in use. Certainly if the images on these forums are to go by, they'll need protection from my drool, I'm so amazed at the detail and work on the figures, they certainly impress and aren't cheap looking.

Knowing me.... I'd probably build up two collections, once I'd keep hidden away and protected, and another set for actual use, since leaving anything out on show with young kids and pets around is unlikely to remain "mint" for long. Saying that, my eldest is pretty good about washing hands and not playing while eating, but if Perry was a launch figure, I can see it getting broke because they took it to bed... *rolls eyes*
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:21 pm

I think the only ones I'll keep in the box (or at least buy doubles of) are the variants. You've seen how much those Skylander ones can fetch for

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:00 am

Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Tak3o » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 pm

yeah idk if i'll keep packaging on it or not....
Ohana means Family, family means Nobody gets left Behind, or Forgotten.

rank_100
Tak3o
Main Console: PS3

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys