Disney Infinity 2 confirmed for next gen

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2 confirmed for next gen

Postby shiftyraccoon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Doubt it ^

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby mva5580 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm not sure why everyone keeps asking about the base, the big deal is the Play Sets. If I buy DI2 for the PS4, will there be a way for me to use the Toy Story, Incredibles, Cars, etc play sets? Obviously all of those play sets are on the DI1 disc and someone needs to confirm whether or not all of those sets will be accessible on the PS4/Xbox One, whether it be on the disc that comes with the game (which I doubt considering there needs to be space for new stuff,) or if there will be a way for people to download the data for the older sets.

I would really hope the play sets are accessible in the PS4/Xbox One versions, but I've seen nothing stating one way or another. All I've seen is figures & power discs, which are easy because that takes up very little disc space.

rank_0
mva5580
Main Console: PS3

Postby Outsider » Sun May 04, 2014 6:37 am

It has been confirmed (I'm sure someone here can post the link) that EVERYTHING from DI1 will carry over to DI2. So that means all figures, all powerdiscs and all playsets!

rank_50
Outsider

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun May 04, 2014 7:33 am

there is still some confusion whether "everything" actually is everything and does include play sets.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Le4nne21fk » Sun May 04, 2014 12:15 pm

I'm concerned about the sale of DI1 merchandise, as in the current figures & discs. As a newbie to DI1 (I've only had it about 2 months & am completely obsessed with it!!) I won't be able to afford all the figures if the roumered release date is august like DI1, in time. A friend said that when sky landers giants was released all retail shops stopped selling the original figures, then she couldn't get giant figures when swap force was released. I will not be amused if i can't complete my set for DI1 after the release of DI2!! My husband shares my concern too. We want DI2, but maybe not straight after release. Probably after the hype dies down (and hopefully prices!) in early 2015.
We need some time to save for these obsessions ha!
#disneyinfinitynewbie

rank_0
Le4nne21fk

Postby Elmo STM » Sun May 04, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm waiting for early 15 as well. There's usually 3 for 2 deals all the time for figures and play sets at £15
Although with 80 power discs and 20 confirmed figures (that's only marvel, I'm expecting at least 10 -15 Disney as well) di2 already looks more expensive and that's if they don't do limited edition/crystals

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Le4nne21fk » Sun May 04, 2014 1:28 pm

I missed some of the announcement because I was on my home from work so I didn't even know they had announced a number of figures! We can assume from the trailer that there's definitely going to be a Spider-Man, and also possibly Merideth from Brave & Mileficent. I'm hoping for the classic characters though like Donald, Goofy, Daisy & Minnie. Then they'll definitely have me as a customer for life! I doubt about the latter as they don't have super powers or abilities. But there's always power discs & toy box toys if anyone from Disney is actually monitoring this :D
#disneyinfinitynewbie

rank_0
Le4nne21fk

Postby mva5580 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:22 pm

To the person who said it was "confirmed" that it all worked (and everyone else I guess,) wrong. I found the answer, and it's what I expected from the beginning. DI1 play sets DO NOT work in DI2. Source: http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/05/01 ... finity-2-0

So basically if you bought a PS4 and play DI, you can never get rid of your ps3 if you want to play the original play sets. Pretty dumb, I don't know why they don't just offer the original play sets as dlc for DI2 and have them be free for people who already own them. Like rock band did with their songs.

rank_0
mva5580

Postby Daan » Sun May 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Here they still have all giants in every toy store so i dont think it will be a big deal, only problem: they might get cheaper :0

rank_250
Daan
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys