*** Disney Infinity 2.0 includes Marvel ***

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: *** Disney Infinity 2.0 includes Marvel ***

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:32 pm

This pose would be cool for Iron Man too: http://www.fantom-xp.com/wp_36_~_Iron_Man.html
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby frankiepugs » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:52 pm

You guys see this? I hope it is August!

Sheriff: link removed as John Vignocchi has now stated the information was incorrect

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby mr.incredible125 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:17 pm

O man that would be amazing :D one year later almost exactly

rank_100
mr.incredible125

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 am

I saw the "error" too. I really hope this is true, and I think it is. First off, if it really wasn't true, why wouldn't zd23 just have said, "oh we got the dates mixed up with DI 1." Plus, it would make plenty of sense. It'll be nice to not have to wait AS long for the release.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby GideonFerrell » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Adding Marvel characters to the platform will definitely bring a whole new dimension to Disney Infinity! I think in small doses it's a brilliant move!

Shades_Smiley back on Page 18 pretty much said exactly how I feel, except more eloquently than I could have put it. ;)

Disney won't throw a whole lot of Marvel figures in there because they want to make sure all of their bases are covered. On that same note, they want each play set to have its own distinct feel to it. Granted I can see things being a little heavier this year as opposed to future years because of the amount of Marvel superhero movies they would want figures coincide with, but definitely not as heavy as the Pixar-centric DI of last year.

My thoughts on Disney Infinity 2.0 are like this...

Starter Set-

Captain America--(Captain America: The Winter Soldier Playset. Maybe with a stealth/espionage type feel to the gameplay. Metal Gear Solid like to a small degree)
Maleficent--(Maleficent Playset. Not quite sure what type of gameplay to expect here, but it would be interesting to play a Playset from the perspective of the "villain". That being said, however, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the classic look from the original Sleepy Beauty and not the current Maleficent look. Plus )
*Insert Classic Animated Character Here*--(With the large outcry of very little classic animated movies in the first DI, I expect them to rectify that out the gate and throw in a character they know people are pining for. Ex://Simba, Aladdin, Tarzan, Beast, etc. Of course with the accompanying Playset.)

Of course, with these starter set figures must come others for the playset.

Starter Set Companion Characters-

Captain America: The Winter Soldier--Black Widow & Winter Soldier
Maleficent--Aurora & Prince Eric (Again, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the classic looks and not the movie version)
Classic Animated Movie--Accompanying figures

As for Playsets for original Disney Infinity figures without a Playset, most of you say that Frozen and Phineas & Ferb will get one, and I'm inclined to agree.

Disney Infinity 1.0 New Playsets

Frozen--Olaf & Hans
Phineas & Ferb--Ferb & Dr. Doofenshmirtz

New Playsets I think coming with Disney Infinity 2.0

Guardians of the Galaxy--Star-Lord & Rocket Raccoon (A space action adventure playset with probable spaceship battles)
Planes--Dusty Crophopper & Rochelle (The Cars playset...but in the sky :P )
Big Hero 6--Hiro Hamada & Honey Lemon (Not really sure about this one, but I would guess the gameplay would be similar to The Incredibles)

Additonal Companion Characters

Captain America: The Winter Soldier--Falcon
Captain America: The Winter Soldier--Nick Fury
Frozen--Kristoff
Guardians of the Galaxy--The Collector
Guardians of the Galaxy--Gamora
Planes--Leadbottom
Planes--Ripslinger
Big Hero 6--Yokai

In using these properties as playsets (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, Maleficent) Disney takes full advantage of movies with current appeal due to recent releases or DVD releases, while also rectifying not giving playsets to properties people wanted to see playsets of (Frozen, Phineas & Ferb).

Additional Toy Box Only Characters

Cinderella--Cinderella (She has an upcoming movie, as well as being a Disney Princess. And I believe Disney will put a Princess in each future installment)
Gravity Falls--Dipper Pines (Dipper and Mabel fill the TV quota of Disney Infinity 2.0)
Gravity Falls--Mabel Pines
Classic Disney--Donald Duck (Disney doesn't want to leave the original and classic characters behind)
Frankenweenie--Victor (I chose Victor for a couple reasons. First because of the leaked photos way back when that showed Victor and Sparky in the group picture with all the other Disney Infinity characters, as well as the Abominable Snowman and the characters from Oz: The Great and the Powerful. But I can also see them wanting to add a Tim Burton style character to the games)
Tangled--Flynn Rider (He's a Maybe for me, cuz I can see them also wanting to save him for a possible Playset)

Now that that's done, let me explain a couple things.

First the Superheroes--Everyone seems to believe that they're going to jump out of the gate with their big guns (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk), but I disagree. First because of the present. Captain America: The Winter Soldier should be having a DVD release roughly around the time the game comes out (A complete assumption). Focusing on that movie and those characters is smart marketing.

But I also think we have to look to the future as well. If they threw out all their big guns now, what do they do with their future Avengers movies? I think 2.0 will be all about Cap and his movie, while next year we get an Iron Man and maybe Hulk figure for the Avengers 2, followed by a Thor figure for Thor 3 the following year. And I know that image of Cap's shield shows Stark Tower on the bottom right hand side (Good catch to whoever first noticed that) and that Stark Tower wasn't in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, so maybe my theory is completely wrong because I can't really explain that. But I still stick with what I believe.

Disney DOES own the rights to Spider-Man/X-Men/Fantastic Four, as some people are understandably confused by this. As some of you have stated already, Fox and Sony own the movie rights to those properties, but LEGO Marvel should be proof enough that Disney can use those characters alongside their Avengers characters, they just can't make video games based on the Fox/Sony movies.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure what to think about how they'll use the X-Men/Spider-Man/Fantastic Four characters in Disney Infinity. My gut tells me they'll focus on the characters they own the movie rights to first and foremost (Avengers, GotG, Ant-Man) and then branch out from there once they've put out figures for those characters. Strangely enough I can see them putting an X-Men/Spider-Man/Fantastic Four character in 2.0 for use in the toy box as a bit of a middle finger to Sony and/or Fox though. :D

And I think we get a Guardians of the Galaxy playset not only because it would have a different feel to the gameplay, but also because GotG is a HUGE risk for Disney/Marvel and there's a possibility this could be a one-and-done franchise. These are characters very few people have cared about except for this past year. They don't have nearly the appeal as the Avengers and those characters do and may not get the response that Disney/Marvel is hoping for. So using a Guardians playset for marketing just seems like a good move.

Finally, Big Hero 6. I honestly don't know much about these guys and am not 100% convinced we'll see a playset from them, but I do at least think we'll get a few toy box figures.

EDIT: Also I saw a couple of you say that maybe they would bring in Phil Coulson from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. That's something I never would have considered, but I actually think it's a brilliant idea. The show is finally picking up steam and IF they intend to bring it back for a second season, which now seems likely but still undecided, this would be a great way to bring some attention to a show that maybe a lot of the Disney Infinity crowd has yet to try.

The Four-Quadrants-- Again, I think Shades_Smiley on Page 18 really hit the nail on the head. I also stole his term because I'm not smart enough to come up with something as clever. ;) If Disney Infinity was proof of anything it's that Disney wants to appeal to all of their fans with this game in some way. Phineas & Ferb (Disney TV), Lone Ranger and Pirates of the Caribbean (Live Action), Cars ((Cars 2 came out not too far before DI)), Monsters University, Wreck-it-Ralph, and Frozen (Recent Releases), Toy Story and The Incredibles (Popular recentish movies), Rapunzel (Disney Princess), Jack Skellington (Popular "Classic" Character), and Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey (Classic Disney).

I think this is absolutely a pattern we can expect to see, even as the focus shifts slightly from Pixar to Superheroes for 2.0.

Disney TV--Phineas & Ferb > Gravity Falls
Live Action--Lone Ranger/Pirates of the Caribbean > Maleficent
Recent Releases--Cars/Monsters University/Wreck-it-Ralph/Frozen > Planes/Big Hero 6
Disney Princess--Rapunzel > Cinderella
Popular "Classic" Characters--Jack Skellington > Really any character with a large fan base from the 90s or further back.
Classic Disney--Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey > Donald Duck (Not sure which Donald, though. But I doubt it'll be plain old Donald)

With a new addition to Disney Infinity being...

Superheroes--Captain America: The Winter Soldier

So I guess my thinking is more 7-Quadrant than four, but I do expect them to follow a pattern similar to this in some way, shape, or form.

Power Discs--Because of the addition of Superheroes to the game, I expect there to be power discs based on costumes now. That way we not only get movie versions of the characters we know and love but also comic book versions. These different costumes can come with different stats perhaps? Either way, I think this is the ideal way to get Iron Man his many mark suits. Hell, even Cap has been in a few different outfits. And just think of the possibilities when it comes to Spider-Man!! :shock:

Anyway, though this particular "expansion" might be a little superhero heavy, I don't expect that to be the pattern going forward. Going forward I expect maybe one superhero playset per addition, as well as a toy box character or two.

Disney Infinity 3.0 is almost completely likely to be Star Wars themed, but where they go from there is anyone's guess!

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm eagerly awaiting the 30th so we can get some answers!!

rank_0
GideonFerrell
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:52 pm

@gideonferrel
I doubt there will be maleficent play set, it looks like 2.0 is based more on super heroes. All I can see coming is avengers play set, (maybe) guardians of the galaxy play set, Spider-Man figure (maybe even a play set base off ultimate spider-man with his team), and Ferb.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:01 pm

2.0 will have to be a mix. All the discs really contain are the files to help the game work. If 2.0 is solely Marvel stuff then people not into Marvel won't buy it.

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby D-infinity13 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 pm

@shiftyracoon
Yes, but the trailer specifically says: "Bring on the super heroes", we already have like 30 Disney characters. They might have some more Disney, but they'll probably have more marvel.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:16 pm

The only Pixar character I need in Infinity 2 is Rex, then I'll be happy. If he's not ready yet, I'm still buying Infinity 2.0. Infinity's my main game now.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys