Series 3 Power Discs: What they look like and what they do

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Series 3 Power Discs: What they look like and what they

Postby tangled&tron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 am

Even though I didn't get the disc I needed... I did get the Calico Copter and man... that vehicle is just pure awesomeness. It just looks so cool... especially under the Incredibles Sky... it is like a dark metallic shade of midnight green... it is probably my fav vehicle... poor Dumbo is not gonna get used too often anymore I think. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:11 am

I managed to get everything except Philippe.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Dyanmo Of Eternia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:17 pm

I managed to get the whole set in one shot. I bought just shy of 30 packs at Toys R Us and did the trick to check them all without opening them. I wrote down what was in each of them on a post-it and stuck the respective post-it on each pack. After I checked them all, I went through them to get a complete set without doubles (well, technically one double since there's an odd amount of discs in this wave and they come in packs of two... I have two of Mickey's Sorcerer Hat). I only needed 8 packs since I already had two of the discs from the Phineas/Agent P two-pack.

Also, I used this coupon at Toys R Us for 20% off, which is good until Friday 4/5/2014

It brought the price of each pack from $5 down to $4.

I'm disappointed that there doesn't seem to be an album this time around. I have the TRU exclusive series 1 album (with the extra spaces for the TRU exclusive discs), and the red series 2 album from the Target complete set. It would have been nice for there to be an album for this set.

When I went to return the extra disc packs last night, I had another copy of the coupon with me, and I was almost tempted to just pick up the standard (non-exclusive) series 1 album to put the series 3 discs in. Even though the pictures in the album wouldn't have matched with the discs, it would have at least been a consistent way to store them. But after a lot of "hemming and hawing" about what to do, instead I just ended up going with one of those capsule things that hold 22 discs (I got the blue TRU exclusive one). I figure I can put all of my series 3 discs in there, with a little room to spare for a few doubles that I have from series 1.

Also, since I never picked up any kind of previous guide book for the game (which I'm glad I waited since the earlier editions were lacking on info for things released later), I picked up the TRU exclusive version (with several of the Crystal figures on the cover) of the 2014 revised edition.

rank_0
Dyanmo Of Eternia

Postby Ignohippo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Someone posted on another site that Best Buy has the Series 1 album on clearance at $5.99. I can't confirm the validity of that, but I'm going to check on it tomorrow. I will probably just use that for Series 3 if an album doesn't come out.

rank_100
Ignohippo
Main Console: PS4

Postby Paradox » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:36 pm

^^ Someone in another thread said they spoke with someone at PDP who makes the albums and a series 3 album will be produced---> viewtopic.php?p=76637#p76637

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby byucougs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:39 am

Is there any lenticular discs besides Wall-E's jetpack?

rank_0
byucougs
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby byucougs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:52 am

Also, I just read that the reason there is only 15 in this set is something about 5 TRU exclusive discs. Are there going to be more exclusive TRU discs with this series? please say no...

rank_0
byucougs
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:23 am

Nope. The jetpack's the only rare.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby tangled&tron » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:37 am

Tried some more packs today... still didn't get the disc I needed... did get to try out Philippe though... such a beautiful mount IMO. I think he is my fav horse... I pretty much only use him now for ground transport, but it totally makes me feel guilty... like I'm cheating on Maximus. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys