Guardians of the Galaxy play set chances?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Guardians of the Galaxy play set chances?

Postby putz2000 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Just placing bets on the percentage chances of G.O.G. Play set chances. I say 90%!
I NEED A ROGER RABBIT PLAYSETthey call me favouredtrash01

rank_50
putz2000
Main Console: PS4

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy play set chances?

Postby Doc Jump » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm gonna say 60-70%. Q3 release that synches with a Q3 Disney Infinity 2 release, lots of characters to make figures for, and a chance to market Marvel in Disney Infinity which would bring in crowds. Disney also seems to really like marketing it, and introducing kids to the characters would get them to see the film (which people are worried about).

The only reason I'm not saying 100% is because it isn't the Avengers, which has 100% chance of showing up eventually. In their own playset or as individual characters I don't know, but there's NO chance that Cap/Iron Man/Hulk/Thor won't show up.

I also expect a Big Hero 6 set for similar reasons (lots of characters, superheroes, Q4 release).

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I hope they get figures at least! I look more forward to Guardian of the Galaxies then the new Avengers movie.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Doc Jump » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Oh yeah, same here, its just that Avengers is THE moneymaker. And Disney is going to want to shake its moneymaker so to speak.

BUUUUUT if we look at DI, they included Lone Ranger for the sole purpose of marketing it. Like seriously it bombed, they so they tried to drum up interest with DI characters. I think they're going to do that with GOTG because execs are uncertain of how popular/financial its going to be.

Also think of all the nerds (myself included) that would explode when they heard that Disney was mass marketing a video game where you could play as Starlord and have him drive around the Pizza Planet truck. STARLORD. IN A VIDEO GAME.

rank_750
Doc Jump
PSN ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:52 pm

If Rocket Raccoon is made I'm a happy man!
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 pm

There is a good chance pending on the success of Guardians of the Galaxy coming out this August.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Randall Boggs » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:49 am

^It doesn't "pend" on the success. Just look at Lone Ranger.
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!
Click the globe icon to join!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:15 am

I think the underperformance of Lone Ranger might make them more cautious to put a brand new property in.

And with Captain America: Winter Soldier, Amazing Spider-man 2, and X-men: Days of Future Past all coming out this year too, I think those are much more likely to be the featured Marvel entrants into the game. Cap's shield, Falcon's wings, Spider-man's webshooters, Electro's electricity blasts, and any of the X-men's powers would all be great additions gameplay-wise.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby bloxxerman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:54 pm

True, but the majority of people have said that the Lone Ranger Play Set is their favourite.
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys