Guardians of the Galaxy play set chances?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy play set chances?

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:35 am

I think we will see a very strong Marvel line up for DI2.0, if we get 6 to 8 playsets, I'm thinking at least half are going to be 3 playsets, my guesses would be a Captain America (captain, falcon, black widow, hawkeye, nick fury), Guardians of the Galaxy (the 5 main characters) and maybe a Spiderman playset (could be tied in with the amazing spiderman movie but it could just be a comic spiderman tie in)... disney infinity is supposed to be used as a way of promoting new games for the new releases, its easier to make some figures/playset for a well established game than to keep making rubbish games that lose money.

I'm guessing Guardians will be a playset with 5 different figures, they want to promote these "new" characters, yeah lots of us don't know them but i think by the end of the summer, they will be huge characters that the kids will be into.. they aren't really aiming DI at adults, they want video game tie ins, it makes sense to use the characters from this year, i can't see them doing an Avengers playset with Thor, captain, hulk, iron man as they can easily spread that out to 5 completely different playsets (which makes more sense from a $$ point of view.,. i'm guessing at a age of ultron playset next year for 3.0... this is a long range plan, they aren't going to throw everything out at once...

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 am

It would have made sense from the start to do equal characters for each Playset. Lone Ranger fans only got 2 while Incredobles got 5. I'm a NBC fan and only got one :( lol

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 pm

^i thought 5 was too much but at least they all play different unlike the cars play set. 4 characters that play identical, ridiculous that's why I've yet to get Francesco. And when I do it'll be given to my niece when done, if not sold as no point unless and update is released.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Yeah it sucks that a lot of characters do the same thing with just a different name lol I think Dash / Violet / Elsa are the only unique ones

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys