Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

Postby Experiment 626 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm

This will all amount to nothing if there's no Admiral Ackbar. Just sayin'.

rank_0
Experiment 626
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:22 am

^It's a trap!
Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol:

I don't know about Ackbar, I wouldn't mind him at all but is he famous enough to make a figure of?
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 am

He doesn't "do" anything to warrant being playable. But I could see him as an NPC to give you a mission.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Experiment 626 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Oh, I know. You guys are totally right. His character really doesn't warrant a figure. He's my favorite though, so I can't help but want him. Haha.

rank_0
Experiment 626
NN ID:

Postby Vault Of Villains » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:05 pm

I know this is out the field. And believe me I'm one of the biggest star wars and marvel fans out there. And reading this got me very excited...but there is a but to all this.

Now I see everyone with ideas of who should be involved and what figures they want. Like Luke or spiderman, and with people saying how many different figured they want from all but I do hope that Disney doesn't go overboard on it.

I mean yes I want Vader and Dr Doom as playable characters but at the end of the day this is DISNEY INFINITY and we haven't scratched the surface of what Disney films are available for this game. Not only with the classic animated films like Peter Pan, Black Cauldron or Aladdin but the live films to Hocus Pocus (imagine having the Sanderson Sisters) or even National Treasure ( be cool having a Nicholas Cage).

We already have Lot of platforms for both Marvel and Star wars and yes I want a death star playset piece but this game is aimed at younger children and I know my kids want more Disney not things from daddy's films which is how they described the trench run download.

I hope Disney take this on board and give us a marvel and star wars play set with a couple of selected characters. But I knowy children won't be interested in collecting a whole set of these figures when they favorite Disney ones aren't included. Just hope Disney don't start using this platform to promote things younger children aren't interested in and that a few more girl related pieces come out. Just hoping that Disney Infinity 2 delievers the goods we all want.but doesn't go crazy. After all those of us who do spoil our kids (yes cost me a fortune) to get the whole set but I wouldn't be doing so if the next set is over 50 figures. Think have a grand on a game accessories is more than enough.
22 featured toy boxes, latest
VENICE: Saint Mark's Square- famous cities

rank_100_ftb_10
Vault Of Villains
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JustNCredible » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:49 am

I completely agree, they don't need to overload Disney Infinity with Marvel or Star Wars characters.

I think it's a safe bet to assume that, given the popularity of The Avengers with kids, that we will see an Avengers playset coinciding with the movie in 2015; it would be stupid for them not to take advantage of that cash cow to be honest. I would be willing to bet that the amount of Disney Infinity playsets sold around the time an Avengers playset comes out would close to match launch figures, just because of the sheer volume of kids wanting to play as their favorite super hero toys (Iron Man and friends lol). If five characters made it out of the Incredibles franchise, I can see six or seven out of Marvel. Personally I would be thrilled to get Spider-Man, but for some reason I see them only going for one big film franchise (as to not saturate Disney Infinity with Marvel) and The Avengers kills Spiderman in terms of revenue.

Star Wars, being much less popular these days, will probably merit a playset from either the 2015 movie scheduled to come out, or the Disney XD cartoon Rebels, which comes out later this year. Personally I think the cartoon would be more likely seeing as how Yoda, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett could potentially make cameos, where as a majority of the recognizable characters we love from the original trilogy will be long gone during the new movie. Of course they could just make characters from the old movies given they're the most popular and would undoubtedly sell the best, although this doesn't really help with advertising and promoting their new Star Wars property and could be less likely.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 am

Seeing as this game is based off of toys, I don't see how they couldn't put these two in eventually. Have you walked in the toy section of Walmart/Target lately? Marvel abounds and as a kid, you know how many Star Wars figures I had?! With Marvel's phase 2 currently in effect there will be plenty of characters to choose from. And the Star Wars cast is extremely vast (Just keep Jar Jar out of it please!!!) although, as vast as these universes character banks are there is no way I would put them on a separate disc (ie Marvel/Star Wars infinity) that would just tick off consumers, although I could see them packaging them as separate play sets (ie Lone Ranger/Cars.)
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby Djali » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:26 pm

I know it was inevitable anyway that DI would drop Wii support - but maybe one of the reasons why they're doing it for this sequel is because of how many vehicles/characters/powers/weapons will go along with the Star Wars and Marvel IPs, and how much more content will need to fit into the game. It's worth hoping! Interesting that most people are assuming we'll get original characters from the Star Wars franchise. I always hoped and thought that we'd get the integrated Fab Five in their SW identities. :)

rank_50
Djali

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:04 am

^^^I don't think we would ever get the fav five versions of SW. In all honesty, it wouldn't make sense. If that were the case, then we could have recieved Captain Mickey Sparrow or even Spider Mickey when marvel comes out. I think you are thinking of vinylmations. Fav 5 SW works well there. We need the real Darth Vader and the real Iron Man to keep with the Toy Box mentality of Disney Infinity! Plus, I rather have the original Fav 5 in there own form before they come out in a different franchises format!
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys