Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:43 am

What I mean is we'll most certainly be seeing the movie versions of these Marvel characters, and not the classic comic book looks that kids wouldn't recognize or relate with. They're going to want to play as the same Iron Man and Thor that they idolize from the movies they know and own, they could care less about some old dated comic book versions that they have no connection with.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Dexter26 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:40 am

True, but think about it, would Wolverine look better in his Blue/Yellow outfit, or in the black suit they put him in for the current X-Men movies?
Everyone can relax...Dexter has returned!!
Twitter: @Crone26

rank_250
Dexter26

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:03 am

Aside from the X-characters and some of the Spider-man villains, most of the movie costumes have been so close to the comic ones that I can't see kids caring. They make toys of the classic looks all the time for kids. Then there's cartoons and other games using comic looks too. Not to mention that many of the costumes change from film to film. Which Cap do they make? First Avenger, Avengers, or Winter Soldier? Or just make the classic look that everyone will recognize as Cap anyway?

I'd say the only classic character that we'll for sure never see is white Nick Fury. lol

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby OffBrandCereal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:25 pm

While I am super on board with Marvel Characters such as Spiderman Ironman Thor Hulk etc, I just saw the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy, and those would be so awesome for Disney Infinity. Atleast Rocket Raccoon and StarLord.
Bringing Disney Afternoon to Infinity, one post at a time.

rank_50
OffBrandCereal
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:20 am

I think a Guardians of the Galaxy playset would be epic. I also think it would make sense since the movie comes out in August, which would be perfect since DI2 would potentially release 3rd or 4th. Its also a great way to get kids to build interest in these characters kind of like they aimed for with the Lone Ranger.

I also think that we will see some classic Disney in DI2 or some more Pixar. I don't think they will do lots of Marvel and Star Wars. If anything we will see maybe 2 Marvel, 1 Star Wars, and 3 Disney and/or Pixar if they stick with the 6 playset model, although more playsets will be awesome. It just makes sense since you have already began a platform with some Disney Animation, Pixar, and a classic (Mickey). If I had to guess I think we would see Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Star Wars E1 or E6 (sequential release or last in series to coincide with E7 coming out next year). Then my other guesses are Walle, Lion King, and Aladdin (all guesses).

Either way, I'm excited to see some Star Wars and Marvel Characters battling it out with Sully and Jack Skellington in a toilet paper gun fight. Or even seeing Darth Vader in the Dumbo ride vehicle like the classic Disneyland Commercial. I cant wait!
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

Postby buddyex » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:48 am

I'd say with the new animated series STAR WARS REBELS debuting Fall 2014, and it being the first new STAR WARS material under the Disney banner. There is a very good chance that DI2 will feature REBELS rather than elements from the original movies, The character design already compliments the look of the Disney Infinity Universe, moreso than anything in the 2 trilogies .

As much as the movies are a goldmine for Disney, I think they should be kept seperate from the disney / Pixar franchises.

Although I think the idea of a Marvel Infinity and Star Wars Infinity games based on the Disney Infinity Model would be awesome, with maybe some Toybox crossover with the figures .

rank_0
buddyex
XBL ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 am

I'm betting we'll see the Clone Wars versions of Anakin Skywalker, Young Obi Wan, Yoda & Emperor Palpatine then?
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 am

There's no way we won't get Darth Vader.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:17 am

It makes sense that they might make a set and characters based off of the upcoming Disney channel cartoon, being that it would translate easier into 3d toys being a cartoon. SugerGuy I doubt we'll see Annakin since he became Darth Vader before the start of the series. Hopefully Darth makes some cameo roles in the show, that way we get a Darth Vader toy :p
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys