Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

Postby Rapunzel70 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:02 pm

*hops through the room* Me gonna get her Deadpool :D

Checked both Lego Marvel Superheroes and Marvel vs Capcom 3: Both got a funny but free-all-ages Deadpool. So no reason not to include him ;)
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby BluePunchBuggy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:38 pm

This good news. I'm want Captain America!!! Since Infinity is dropping support for Wii, I would like Playset content to be downloadable without requiring the content be on the disk. This would enable the DI2 game to be the framework for more than just one year, and the Playsets be the "upgrades." Unfortunately, this will also make internet access a requirement for some/all playsets, and I'm not sure if Disney is willing to place that barrier on new playsets. (I still want a Frozen playset!!! GRRRR!!!!)

rank_50
BluePunchBuggy
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheANvil » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm really not interested in SW or Marvel Infinity games if they're separate, as playsets for DI2? Sure, but I really don't care to have 20-30 or more Marvel and Star Wars characters. Plus I like the thought of all the universes mixing together... That's what Infinity is all about!

If they go down the route of doing DI2, SWI and MI, then it's going to turn me off the entire thing.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm

^I coul.d see them doing that, but not at the same time, that would be crazy. But it would help to even things out, and build excitement if the alternated every other year. DI2, this year, then SWI next year, the another Disney one, then the Marvel one.

rank_250
crazybirdman

Postby TheANvil » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 pm

^ I still think it'd be overkill... I also don't think that Star Wars has anywhere near the number of possibilities that Disney has overall. After they've done a SW playset is there really any need for more than that? Marvel would have more options, but there's also not the number of possibilities there either.

I also don't like the idea of them focusing solely on SW or Marvel, then there'd be times when we aren't getting any Disney characters/sets.

I guess we'll see. But personally I'd rather they plodded out some playsets in Disney Infinity 2-onwards than give them their own games.

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Puddin' » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm really curious as to what their focus is gonna be. Disney is really good at making money, and a lot of that money is cross-promotion.

Movie = Toy line, clothing, video game, etc

I'm willing to bet that the Marvel line will focus on will be Big Hero 6 and the Star Wars line will be Star Wars: Rebels. Both come out around the same time as Disney Infinity 2.

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby BluePunchBuggy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Good point, Puddin' :) Lone Ranger and Frozen set the precedent as Infinity being tied into new properties, but Darth Vader will sell way more than anything from Rebels, and Iron Man will sell way more than anything from Big Hero 6.

rank_50
BluePunchBuggy
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Dear Disney... just let me use Tie FIghters, X-wings, Storm Trooper & Clone Trooper bad guys, Speeder Bikes, Snow Speeders, and AT-ATs (with functioning enemy AI) that you can take down... all in the toy box. Oh... and no Ahsoka please... in 3 seasons of Clone Wars I went from absolutely loving her to wishing she would just go away. :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby gtcarlson » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am

"If there weren't separate bases, the game would have to be immense - to incorporate three times as many characters, plus their worlds and items. There'd need to be cross-game patches to add character information for everyone to all games, though."

Short version cause I tend to ramble:

-Getting rid of the Wii makes it very easy to make a huge game.
-Multiple versions is not a deal breaker for me but it kind of ruins the combining of all worlds feel for me. Digital Marvel and Star wars "Expansions" would be the answer for seamless universe.
-Multiple bases is a terrible idea that would mean shelling out $100+ if you wanted only one play set from the line bad for marketing and for consumers.

Long Version:

Have you played any other games on the PS3/Xbox 360 or the newer consoles, the games on them can be MUCH larger in scale than DI is currently. Cutting out the Wii they would have no issue making a game that size. Characters use very little space and it wouldn't not be a problem having them all incorporated, in-fact that's the point. We have 6 Play sets on the disc and could probably fit more, once we eliminate the Wii with its terrible online capabilities I'm sure there will be DLC as well. Even if we get 1 star wars play set and 1-3 marvel play sets that's still still room for 2-3 (or more) Disney property play sets on the disc. Unless the versions can all be installed onto the system so I can seamlessly switch between play sets from any universe releasing separate versions is a big mistake.

Releasing multiply versions (especially with different bases) just jumbles up the market and makes many people less likely to buy something when there's so many different versions available. Imagine there's a spider-man play set and that's all you want but nope you have to shell out another $75 for a slightly different base than you DI one (which was said to work with future versions I believe) that comes with 3 play sets and figures you don't wan't guess what most people wont buy it then. Release that same play set that's compatible with the current base and I'm sure you'll generate more sales. Not to mention consoles have limited USB ports (ps3 only has 2) Don't think I want to have to get up and unplug something when I want to switch games (yes I can use a USB hub but now just to play Spider-man(for example) I'm paying like $150)

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit what they could do that I think might work quite well is release DI2 in multiple starter sets. For example:
-Have DI2 with 1 of 3 playsets (Star Wars, Marvel or Disney) with 1-2 figures and no base. $40-$50
-Have the DI2 Starter pack with base and 1 of 3 play sets and 1-2 figures. $50-$60
-The 3 "Launch" play sets would also be sold separately with 2 figures. $35
-That way you can have people pick and choose which franchise they want to start and if you want them all it's also not an issue.
-Another way is having the same as DI1 did 3 chars one from each franchise and a Star Wars/Marvel/Disney play piece. $75

rank_0
gtcarlson
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys