Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:36 am

If they are completely separate from the Disney editions, I'll probably pass on Marvel. Looking at Skylanders and Infinity, around 30-40 characters per edition seems normal. Considering the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-men, solo heroes,villains, etc, I just can't see them covering any well enough to be satisfying. I'm also struggling to think of a real enjoyable Toy Box experience of Marvel by itself.

Star Wars, on the other hand, just seems like it can be handled better. 30-40 characters will take care of all the major characters along with some lesser ones as well. I can also picture a more enjoyable Toy Box experience with all the various planet locales and vehicles.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby David Gunn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:54 am

What is a little alarming though was in this same article was the mention of over 200 employees being laid off from this entertainment division. I just hope this doesn't mean that now their total focus for infinity will only be just Marvel and Star Wars at the exclusion of the many great and varied in house properties that made Disney what it is. It's been a bit annoying as is with all the timed and store exclusives and having to explain that to my kids...and the buying of power disc packets that contained two of the very same discs. I hope they don't drop the ball with quality control and availability...because I can't see my wife or myself spending all that money being forced to jump through hoops just to find the item our children are asking about. I hope it turns out for the best.

rank_0
David Gunn
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 am

I wouldn't worry about it affecting Infinity. According to Gamespot "Disney Interactive currently employs around 3,000 people and the cuts are expected to impact social-gaming studio Playdom, which Disney bought in 2010 for $563 million."

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby DevoMako » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:02 am

Ooh, that will be great when they come out then. Especially the Marvel set.

I just really hope we get something Deadpool related. He's my favorite character from the Marvel universe.
DevoMako
XBL ID:

Postby Musicboy74 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Awesome! Great to see Marvel, and Star Wars, even if I'm not a big fan of the latter.
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 pm

I hope its just all one big infinity platform, ie the next starter pack comes with a Spiderman figure/playset, star wars luke/playset and maybe a planes playset/figure etc.
i want all of them available within the toy box, that's the whole point of bringing in different universes to play together like a kid does... one for marvel etc doesn't work, i used to have spider-man, darth vader all in a WWE ring, that's the main advantage... infinity is aimed at kids, not for adults, marvel and star wars are going to get more and more linked to disney, more merch in stores/parks, tv etc... plus they can stagger it out over 5 years, a star wars new hope one this year, then a clone wars playset next year, following up with new playsets for the new movies after that... ditto for marvel, they could have easily made a captain america winter solider playset or maybe a spiderman (link into amazing spiderman 2 unofficially since its a sony movie), next year have a avengers 2 or antman playset... i tend to think we need to think long term, put out a playset with 5 marvel figures, another star wars playset with another 5 figures etc.. year on year, rather than just 1 game with a dozen figures which only appeals to one fan... marvel/star wars being linked into infinity will shift the game into another level... i for one can't wait..

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 pm

I could see them making them separate games, but any character works in and games toybox mode

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ntnon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Here's what I'd like/hope for/expect:

3 bases - one each for Disney, Marvel and Star Wars.
1 style of figures - Circular bases.
3 styles of playset pieces - Hexagon for Disney, Square for Marvel, Pentagon for Star Wars.

If there weren't separate bases, the game would have to be immense - to incorporate three times as many characters, plus their worlds and items. There'd need to be cross-game patches to add character information for everyone to all games, though.

It would be best to have a 'Toybox'-style shared world for all three, in case anyone wanted one but not the other. But clearly Marvel should have the basic box in New York, while SWars would be better to allow the ability to world-hop, so one could better have different terrains at the same time...

For SWars then - but also for future Disney Infinities - what I would hope for would be that the playset worlds actually be TOYBOX WORLDS, where the world can be visited and altered by anyone. They would also be UNcustomisable into the default Playset mode where a full adventure could be played within that world.

The benefit of this would be that, with a little clever coding, you could cross-allow ANYONE to play any world's adventure. To add another level, this ability would only be unlocked once a player had played through the playset with the 'correct' characters.

Buy a Tatooine Play Piece, and you could put Mickey, Rapunzel and Thor into it and build things. Or you could put Luke and C3P0 into it and play a Playset adventure. Once complete, you could replay the adventure with Ralph and Cyclops...

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby KillingRaptor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Great news! I do hope characters can cross over in Toy Box, would be great to see that.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys