Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Marvel and Star Wars sets in development

Postby Djali » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:18 am

^^ Actually I'm coming from pin trading. I've always disliked vinylmations. ;) Disney does so much good to honor the humor and charm of the original three SW movies when they combine with the Fab Five and the combination has such a big park presence, it's always seemed natural to me! I also want their own forms for sure though - Minnie most of all, Goofy second, and then Donald in a Ducks family pack.

I can't wait to see how they're going to Infinity-ize the Marvel characters. sooo much fun. Like, Pirates and Lone Ranger didn't have super-muscles to redesign into the aesthetic of the game. Even Ralph, a strongman character, had the smooth aesthetic of his movie going for him. I'm kinda worried about the heroes will turn out looking Playskool-y! I know they'll design until the characters are perfect for DI, but I can't imagine it's easy for the artists.

rank_50
Djali
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 am

^^^ I share your concern a bit with the "Infinitizing" of the Marvel characters, but have full confidence in a great out come. With Star Wars, The Clone Wars animated series almost has already taken care of the conversion, so Marvel shouldn't be too bad if they take a similar approach in the character design.

When you say Donald in a "ducks family pack," what do you mean? Like comes with Daisy or Huey Duey and Louie? Or even Scrooge?
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe
Main Console: PS4

Postby Djali » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 pm

^^ Exactly, yeah. But I guess it's more likely, for the action and adventure, that St. Canard would get a little love and that Darkwing Duck n' pals would be the first Ducks we see. :)

I wonder if they'll make up a random city in danger for Marvel (assuming it gets a playset) or if they would toy-ify New York, or set it in Asgard? Any other likely settings?

rank_50
Djali

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 am

I feel like it would likely be somewhere exotic, and not so-city like being we already experienced this with the Incredibles.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Rabbiator » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Inside the Magic Facebook page are talking about Star Wars anouncement at L.A Disney store tonight (press event). I wonder if DI will feature in the announcements?
-Pete.

rank_0
Rabbiator

Postby TheMinion9 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 am

^ Nope. Nothing about it from that. Sadly it's gonna be another year before we can find out about it. :(
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 pm

^thats not necessarily true. Just because Marvel is in DI 2 does not mean that they are not going to also feature Star Wars in the game...
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:29 pm

^ It's certainly possible they will include some Star Wars, but I think it'll be in Power Discs and NPCs. Kinda like how we had a lightsaber in 1.0.

I will eat crow if they announce a Star Wars playset for 2.0.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby SandyClaws » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi folks, been out of the conversation for a while so forgive me if what I say has been mentioned. It's obvious they are really going to push Marvel with 2.0. Marvel movies are always coming out so in that respect it's always timely. DI 1 has shown they aren't afraid of including Star Wars stuff in the game. I could see it going either way. Either release some Star Wars stuff or wait for the the 7th movie which is slated for Dec. 2015.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys