Figures likeness

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Figures likeness

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:44 am

I was looking at the faces of some of the figures and almost all of them look like spitting images of their animated counterparts, like the dimensions and proportions of their faces are perfect, even the ones based on live people are good, but a couple don't.

Woody and Sully

Both seem to have proportions off about their faces.

Woody's eyes are too big for his head which is thinner and flatter, which makes his nose stand out as it's pointed up. His chin is pointier also and his head is like an oval rather than a rectangle like the animation. I'm not sure if they did it on purpose but Buzz and Jessie both look exactly like their animated counterparts. They even gave Jessie cheeks, but Woody's face is flat. He looks more cartoony rather then CGI like Jesse, Buzz and The Incredibles.

Then Sully has this weird facial expression, his eyelids are droopy like he's tired but his head is thinner like he has no cheeks. He's not that different though. Woody is definitely the most different. I believe Lee Unkrich has lifesize 3d models of the Toy Story characters so I wonder why they made him so different.

What do you think about the figures likeness?

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Figures likeness

Postby JudgeFrollo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:51 pm

I think Woody looks okay. I don't know why Sully is different.

The thing that's strange to me is that Jack Sparrow and Tonto don't have the same face since they were both played by Jognny Fepp.
Bouken no hajimari sa!

rank_50
JudgeFrollo
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Honestly... I don't really like how Rapunzel's DI face turned out... I mean from a design standpoint the proportions and shape of her face and eyes are pretty close to movie accurate. But somehow it just feels off for some reason IMO.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby tophrman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Thank you! I'm glad somebody else mentioned how "off" Woody's face looks! It bugs me every time I look at him.

rank_0
tophrman
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys