What FEATURES do you want in Disney Infinity 2 ?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: What FEATURES do you want in Disney Infinity 2 ?

Postby Trexroarr » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 am

There is only one feature that I would literally kill to have in DI2... An in-game checklist of all of the game's gold stars, capsules, toyx boxes, etc. Not having this in DI1 is beyond frustrating.
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Ignohippo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:02 am

I would take the best features from Kinect Disneyland and Disney Universe and add them to infinity with a virtual park and DLC.

(1) I love to see a pre-made toy box of a Disney Park that could be used as a central "hub" to explore and get to the toy boxes and playlets without menus. Each new version of Infinity would be a different park (DI2 would be Disneyland, DI3 would be the Magic Kingdom, DI4 would be EPCOT, and so on).

If you've ever played one of the older LEGO games, my idea would be similar to that. You'd start out at the hub on Main Street in front of Cindy's Castle; in the castle (or in front of it) would be doors for each toy box you create or download; the playsets would be gates outside of the parameter of the park (which could be reached automatically from the hub via arrows on the ground). The menus in the current version are somewhat confusing (especially for littler ones). Having a visual way to navigate the game would be great. I would still have menus (via the Start button) as well.

(2) I'd like to see the Toy Box ONLY characters have mini-environments (that could be downloaded via DLC purchase like Disney Universe). They would basically be a mini-area for the character without the missions. Perhaps the character's vaults and exclusive toy box content could be found in this area. Having a mini-environment would save the developers time in not having to come up with missions or gameplay for the character but would ensure that fans have a little more than just a Toy Box Only figure without a home.

rank_100
Ignohippo

Postby Djali » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:03 am

@InkGypsy Ditto on the invisible walls - even just a translucent texture for walls or certain objects would be a solution to create edges and could add hugely to the gameplay experience (I'm thinking an invisible tower to an island in the sky!)

I know the demand is probably too hardware-specific, but if the WiiU version allowed for split-screen local multiplayer that would be fantastic. We play Call of Duty like this and love it.

And placing trees on hills. Maybe I'm just not good at it yet, but I cannot place like 90% of the trees in Infinity on hills. And from reading about the hack used with certain Frozen-textured trees, I'm not the only one having this problem?

No Toybox-only characters. I'd rather they be saved for full adventures in future installments. I'm still holding out hope that Frozen and Wreck-It will get playsets in a future release! :)

rank_50
Djali
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby JustNCredible » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:49 am

@Ignohippo

That's a fantastic idea, there needs to be a "hub" world, which could take the place of the Hall of Heroes while still maintaining the HoH inside somewhere. As you mentioned, the original LEGO Star Wars game added characters to the hub world as you unlocked them. In the same vein, it would be awesome to populate your hub world as you unlock toy box items (buildings, toy box people, cast members, set pieces, etc).
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:23 pm

I actually agree! to have a true hub world would be like an in-game Infinity Base.
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Djali » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:15 am

And clouds. Have clouds been said? They don't even have to move. In fact, non-moving clouds would be ideal. Sky jumping, atmospheric mist, etc. Clouds!

rank_50
Djali

Postby Vickifraggle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:32 pm

The clouds would be a great idea! And compare that with an invisible block tower to the cloud?! Super fun. Cloud could be a block texture.
I have a whole bunch of revenges piling up and it isn't pretty! - Dr Blowhole

rank_100
Vickifraggle
NN ID:

Postby DiamondDollJeanette » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:49 am

Something that allows any character to jump to any playset would be so much fun. I was a tiny bit disappointed when I found out you couldn't.
"The cold never bothered me anyway."

rank_50
DiamondDollJeanette
Main Console: PS3

Postby CueLannoo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:26 am

Jeanette, unfortunately that'll never happen... The only way John Lasseter (Creative head/Genius at Disney) signed off on infinity is if the toys story (see what I did there!) were separated in a play set from the toy box where toys could play and mingle together.
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys