Disney Infinity and the Disney MagicBand

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity and the Disney MagicBand

Postby FixItFelix » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:43 pm

It's just a nfc tag inside of the bracelet. Getting any personally identifying data off of it is unlikely, but very simple for someone to copy... but also unlikely unless you hand it to someone who scans it with their phone or their own nfc reader. They should be reusable, but probably so cheap to produce (the tag it self bought in bulk costs them maybe $.05 - $.25... probably another $1 to have it molded into the bracelet) that replacement is trivial.

rank_100
FixItFelix
XBL ID:

Postby UDflyer00 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:10 pm

My cousin just got back from a trip to WDW and came home with a MagicBand... Can't wait to borrow it to get these items unlocked. They look pretty awesome!
UDflyer00
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Paradox » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 pm

My family was down there in August. Before the trip I got us all different colors and they were mailed to us. 2 weeks later, they send us 3 more in gray, as if me, my wife and son never ordered the first ones. Weird. So now we have those and my wif and I are going back in 2 weeks. Again, I sign up and get 2 more mailed to me. The lady in August told me I could basically bring down any ones I want and once there they will just link the tickets, room etc to the # on the back of the ones I wanted to use. So just agreeing with FixIt they are cheap to Disney and also to anyone going, always make sure and get different colors so you can have the set and take the ones you want down with you. My wife and I did green and red this time since we'll be there for 2 weeks and she figured it's 'Christmasy' to wear on opposite wrists while holding hands walking around...

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby dmchale » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks for the info!!

Does anyone know if your MB can be used multiple times? If I use my band from my trip to disney in August to unlock these on MY console, can I bring it to my friend's house and let him use it? Or is there any lockout where a single magicband can be used to unlock these only once for one player/console?

rank_0
dmchale
Main Console: PS3

Postby buckmana » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Although I haven't done it personally, I would say so.

There are some Forum Members who are doing this, joining someone's Toy Box, placing the band and it activates for the other player.
Which means that they are using it multiple times, so that would mean it's not a one time only use.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:33 pm

^ @dmchale yes the magicband can be used an infinite number of times ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:08 pm

my buddy just got back from WDW and says they are re-usable. It's also an amazing data mining opportunity for Disney

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby dmchale » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 pm

good to know they're reusable! @crazybirdman, everything WDW does is a huge data mining opp... ESPECIALLY those magicbands. If we start seeing even MORE applications for them "in the wild" once people get home from vacation, I wouldn't be surprised. They could easily find some way to integrate them into the Disney Stores and more...

rank_0
dmchale

Postby Paradox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Just to add as I posted above, the person at WDW in August told me you can bring down ones you had used already and re use them again and again or use new ones they send you, it's up to you. They use the number on the back to put your tix, room etc on em'.

rank_deputy
Paradox

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys