How will they be able to branch off from this?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

How will they be able to branch off from this?

Postby bl887 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

I know it is early to talk about sequels considering that the game isnt out yet but there is no story plot, each world has its own story and once your done it ends nicely. I don't see how they will be able to make a sequel untill a few years later when more Disney movies come out and they make it based of of just those.
Can't wait for swap force to come out! Can't wait for once upon a time season 3 and House of Hades to come out! Follow me on tumblr because I post stuff about those two, my username is :bl887. Subscribe to me on YouTube, I post stuff about swap force and Disney infinity, my user is:the bl887.

rank_0
bl887
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: How will they be able to branch off from this?

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:12 pm

the second Disney Infinity is already being made (think next gen consoles).

remember, Infinity is the platform that the play sets will use and is not a game in itself ... and Disney has a HUGE library of intellectual property to dip into for play sets.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tanooki » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 pm

I don't know if Disney Infinity will come to the next gen next year...The audience isn't there and the dev kits are quite costly.

But to come back to your point all the playsets are on disc. The only reason why you need to buy a new disc each year is because of all the content for the next 12 months. But all the stuff is forward and backwards compatible the only thing that needs to be patched is the Toy Box.

rank_50
Tanooki
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby 4aic400 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:24 pm

Most likely infinity will continue, there will be more Playset throughout 2013, but then in 2014 then will add more playsets
(Phineas and Ferb, planes, frozen). They say disney infinity is a platform that will grow, but the main question is how far can they take, you never know, as of skylanders they continue to make good games like now in the fall there's skylanders swap force, they will continue to do good like maybe skylanders swap force giants. The main thing is that infinity will need made more playsets to continue on. I don't think that there will be an infinity 2, maybe in 2015, but we don't know how far they can take it.

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Main Console: Xbox 360
Disney ID:

Postby Fluggerbutter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:29 am

You guys are forgetting the stable of Disney properties, like Sheriff has mentioned. There are over 50 animated feature films they have yet to pull from, still a couple more Pixar ones, tons of live action movies, theme park stuff and all kinds of television shows. Not to mention other properties like Marvel, Star Wars and The Muppets. Disney Infinity can go on for as many years as they wish for it to continue.

rank_100
Fluggerbutter
Main Console: PS3

Postby Adscan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I am expecting a new Infinity on the next gens, moreover I am expecting a news Infinity annually or biannually.
I can't think of reason why it wouldn't be the case given what they have expressed as their intention for the platforms future and backward compatibility.

Etch
Adscan
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys