Where are the classics?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Where are the classics?

Postby maxxie03 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Where are the Disney classics?

Now there are 4 sets announced, 3 Pixar films and 1 normal film. But where are classic characters like the beast and Belle, Pinnochio, Simba? I'd love to play with those characters as well, do you guys think later this year there wil be Classic characters?

rank_100
maxxie03
Main Console: PS3

Re: Where are the classics?

Postby Tangled » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:56 pm

For me it's also "where are the girls?", I'm really hoping they offer some more female characters soon.. as a female gamer, it's not necessary, but it is important to me.

I think we will definitely see some classics later, they are pulling the popular franchises right now to get the kids interested. I don't think that is a bad idea either, because this thing really needs to take off if we want to see the more obscure titles later.

Patience, patience! I have a feeling our patience will pay off.. :)
〆(◡‿◡✿)*:・゚✧

rank_50
Tangled

Postby maxxie03 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:36 pm

I hope that maybe in December there will be a classic, and girl characters will be cool as well.

rank_100
maxxie03

Postby Old9 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:25 pm

It looks like characters, sets, and items from classic films will be appearing as power discs for toy box mode. And it was also stated that there will be figures for characters who won't have their own play sets. So there's a good chance that Mickey, Pinocchio, Simba, Tinker Bell, and other classic characters will be making playable appearances.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of attention given to the oldies, but it's still pretty early. Give it time. If you don't see your favorite characters within a few years, then you may worry. :mrgreen: You also have to keep in mind that the target demographic for this game are kids. Lots of kids will probably have more interest in the new, fresh stuff that they've seen in theaters rather than in the old stuff. Heck, I'm surprised that there are actually children who know little to nothing about movies like Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin! But anyways, I'm sure once the new stuff is out of the way, the oldies will start to surface.

(I read somewhere that Ducktales has a chance of appearing. There's one!)

rank_100
Old9
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 pm

As far as classics go, the one I'm REALLY hoping get's a figure is Oswald. After Junction Point closed down, Os needs something to do!

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby 4aic400 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 pm

It is most likely to be a wreck it Ralph set for Halloween (cause of sugar rush) and toy story set for Christmas ( cause of kids getting toys for Christmas) plus i heard that the next set will be announced in like June or July and that it is ......................... The Lone Ranger.

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Disney ID:

Postby Old9 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:24 pm

rank_100
Old9

Postby Ashlo122 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 pm

I hope for TNBC at halloween, which in my eyes is a classic
Just an unaverage guy in an average existence in a regular world - Me
I'm a bit of an idiot a lot of the time - Me

rank_50
Ashlo122

Postby Fiend28 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Does Nightmare Before Christmas have enough popular characters for a playset? I can see Jack being release around Halloween but who else would they release?
Fiend28

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys