Series 2 Power Discs: What they look like and what they do

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Series 2 Power Discs: What they look like and what they

Postby Soubi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 pm

I feel.. confused. I knew that the TRU exclusives were going to be released as regular discs later, but Hooks ship... confusing

So, its a TRU Exclusive.
Its listed here as a Wave 2 Exclusive disc also...
Yet, theres a picture (in the second post) over at the "Series 1 Power Discs: what they look like and what they do" of it as a regular disc?

So.. what is it? Or will there be a 3rd release of it for whatever reason as a regular disc also?

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ntnon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Yes, I see why it appears to be confusing - but it's actually fairly straight-forward:

Firstly, the "clear" form. ALL discs have the possibility of being seen in clear form, because that is the default/prototype for every type of disc. This is also the wide-release "normal" form.
Secondly, the TRU-exclusives have a different coloured plastic backing to differentiate them from that default clear look.
Thirdly, the "rare" discs in each wave (so far it's looking like three in each) also have a different coloured plastic background.* For the first wave, it was orange for the rare discs and orange for the exclusive Mike; red for Tron. For the second... It could be orange, could not be.**

So there will be two types of Hook: one TRUexclusive; one Wave 2 rare. The keypoint of interest will be to find out if there is ANY difference between them! (For comparison, it looks like TRU-Mike will be orange, regular-Mike will be clear. We just don't know about Hook yet because the TRU releases are all over the place...)

*There is, I suppose, a theoretical possibility that the rare discs will eventually be re-released as normal discs at some point, but that seems quite unlikely.
**Given that the exclusives released in other countries have been clear, purple and other, that may suggest that other waves will have different colour plastic backgrounds. Or, it might not.

rank_500
ntnon

Postby Dangow » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:56 pm

^If you guys are curious about in HOW will be the colors of the rare/exclusive discs from TRU, I have all 10 of them. You can check in the image below and see the color by yourself. But basically, the color are the same as the "normal" rare, varying according to the type of the disc itself.

Orange for gadges/cars etc;
Purple for Textures and Sky;
Red for Power Ups.

Cheers! ;)
DISCLAIMER: Posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
Dangow
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby le french » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:40 pm

In France, as far as i know the plastic background is the same color as yours for the ones I have ( Peter pan ship, Scrooge dime )
Cheers
le french
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby ntnon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Where do French exclusives come from, please..?

Actualy, there should really be a stuck "Exclusives" world thread with country, shop and disc data...

rank_500
ntnon

Postby Turbo-tastic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Does the UK still not have exclusives?
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

Postby le french » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 am

le french
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby frankiepugs » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Anyone know when these TRU "exclusives" will be available in the USA? As far as I know only the Tron round disc and Mikes car are currently available.

rank_250
frankiepugs
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Soubi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 pm

^Next release is set for October 13th from what everyone in these parts is saying - but no one knows so far as the rest are concerned (I personally am wondering if some may only be available per the Race-to-Space pack and them not release them in blind bags at all - hopefully theres blind bags too, but you never know)

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys