TRU Sulley/Mr Incredible/Race to Space release dates + pics

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: TRU Sully, Mr Incredible, Race to Space release dates +

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:50 am

I went to 5 different Toy R Us' on my way home from Santa Barbara today. I went in search of exclusives and to see if anyone could shed some light on race to space and other crystal figures. No Tron exclusives to be found anywhere. 2 stores had mikes car and 1 had a couple crystal lightnings. All 5 stores had no idea as to what I was talking about when it came to race to space or other crystal figures. All five store employees were nice enough to look at their computer systems and 3 of them even called their managers to help. All five have none of these in their systems.

Either this is an exclusive that the USA isn't getting, not getting for a while, or toy r us USA is lagging it big time! I mentioned it to them that the Canadian toys r us and their website list them, but 2 of the managers confirmed that Canada toysrus work differently.

Hope this helps shed a little light, even though everything is still pretty unclear.

Side note, bought some discs. So mad! One pack had TWO King Candy's dessert toppings. That's right, a duplicate in the same blind pack! Lame!
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe
Main Console: PS4

Postby Zattaltin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for the recon Abe. I guess when it comes down to it I hope that this could be a positive that the US stores are lagging. Maybe we will bind the crystal buzz to be packaged single and somehow get the discs without having to drop the extra money for the other crystal lightning
Twitter - bwking25
PSN - Zattaltin

rank_100
Zattaltin
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Ryu Serpentine » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:05 pm

And this is why I should learn to check here everyday. i just got my Crystal mcqueen yesterday. oh well, I'll just have to wait for the single release for Buzz. I don't think disney is stupid enough to not release a single pack version.
Ryu Serpentine
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby jdbloom » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:35 pm

This makes me wonder if Race To Space is unique to Canada to offset US getting McQueen first.

My store had no idea what I meant either by race to space or crystal sully/incredible.

rank_250
jdbloom
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Paradox » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Same here, I visited one TRU here the other day and they had no clue what I was talking about, even checked their system. I just checked with another TRU in the area today and again, they checked and have nothing listed.

They did say how they heard rumors of a marvel/Star Wars release for infinity Christmas of 14' but I think that was more internet rumor than actual TRU giving them info...

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby LHawley13 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:26 pm

So correct me if I'm wrong but the way I'm understanding this is "Race to space" pack isn't a play set at all. Its 2 special edition figures with one exclusive power disk? and you still have to purchase the individual playsets...so you end up with multiples of these characters? I'm probably one of the minority here but I'm not all about dropping Hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on this game...I think the collector value is going to be minimal in the future..
LHawley13

Postby tangled&tron » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:41 pm

^ I agree... collector value will most likely only very be short term, but IMO a lot will also depend on how future toy boxes handle previous DI figures and how they incorporate them into the current gameplay... like if they get extra bonuses or something. IMO now that they know DI will probably not bomb they can pretty much do anything they want with the next toy box. And I am also trying to get the most out of the game while spending the least. LOL.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 pm

@ Abe
I don't think they even have the PACKAGE for these crystals, we should have answers by October or later this month.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:37 pm

^I know what you mean. But you have to think "outside the box!" (Pun not intended) If you think about it, if these were TRU exclusives, they would have them in their system already. Especially if they would be coming out in a couple weeks. Yet, they have the Toy Story Play Set, Frozen Toy Box Set, and wave 2 discs already in their system for reservations. You get where I'm going with this?

I believe we are on a different Infinity clock then Canadian TRUs. They may be coming out pretty soon, but not at the same time as our neighbors from the north. I am speculating so dont take my word for it! :lol:
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys