TRU Sulley/Mr Incredible/Race to Space release dates + pics

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: TRU Sully, Mr Incredible, Race to Space release dates +

Postby pities2004 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm

So my wife and I just came from the las mesa location in San Diego we were second in line probably about 8 showed up total. Toysrus kept the crystal figured behind the counter and there was a limit 2. The associate said they only had sully so I had him go look in the back, he then found mr incredible, he almost refused to sell him because it said he had a later date on the box but we attested he was in the ad and other people have purchased then. His manager gave the of ahead to sell. They also got about 30 packs of the exclusive series 3 with zurg. I don't know why people are talking about crystal buzz as he doesn't release until November 1st

rank_0
pities2004
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:39 pm

^^ jeez sounds like you scored big.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:49 pm

The two stores I went to this morning did not get Mr. Incredible. I got sully and my discs but no mr incredible.

As I'm walking out of the second store, the guy who rung me up said to go to the customer service desk before I run to my next store and they can check their inventory.

The awesome chick not only checked the other stores inventory but she rechecked her stores inventory again. She said they had only 4 mr incredibles in their system so they have have to them. She called an inventory runner and 10 minutes later, he had found a box with 4 mr Incredibles!

I got my figures, time to relax!

By the way, not sure DI is stealing skylanders thunder. Lots of carts with starter packs and loads of figures being purchased! I know its their next series and all but still. Maybe by DI 3 we will see the madness.
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

Postby maximumzero » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Jeez, what an annoying morning.

I left my house at 7:50 this morning after getting back from mass and headed over to Toys R Us. I arrived there around 8:25, and I headed in, not sure what to expect.

Well, this is what greeted me when I walked in.

Awesome, plenty of stock, no worries.

So I picked out the best paint job I could find of the two figures and then started sifting through the rack of power discs, looking for today's release.

Out of 60 or so packs, there were none. I asked one of the ladies behind the counter if they had any of the "new discs" and she said that everything they received they put out. I didn't fully believe her, but I wasn't in a position to argue, so I checked out.

While doing so, another Infinity fan was there picking up a Sully figure. He said the next closest TRU had Mr. Incredible and the discs, but no Sully.

Well, the store was 16 miles out of my way, but I figured I'm out of the house, may as well just get all this out of the way.

When I arrived at the other store I was met with a team of unpleasant employees that were still assembling the Skylanders display. They had neither the new figures or the new discs on the shelves.

I had to ask an employee to check the boxes I noticed behind the counter that clearly said DISNEY INFINITY HOLD UNTIL 10/13 AD on them in big letters for the power discs. The woman, apparently flustered with the Skylanders display, told me she'd be right with me.

So yeah, turns out there was a bubble mailer behind the counter containing the discs. She grabbed me two, I confirmed they were the new ones, and I was out of there.

I still think the first store had the discs, but I don't know for sure.

I probably spent $10 on gas doing all this this morning, but at least it's done.

rank_100
maximumzero
NN ID:

Postby Masterson » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 pm

i went to local TRU, they had Mr. Incredible and the exclusive disc behind the counter. Then I walked over to side counter and picked up Sully. Awesome

rank_0
Masterson
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ronniedobbs » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Man, my TRU is the worst! Not only did they get NO Mr Incredible figures, they tried to pass off the old TRU Power discs as the new ones. I told the employee in games, and he said "they all have the same bar code" nice try! I told him I knew the old bar codes and these were not the discs I was looking for. Also had to call 2 other stores to find a crystal Incredible, the other store eventually hung up on them, nice.

On top of that, as I was waiting, two 13 yr old looking thugs smashed the Pokemon/DS display with a brick, grabbed as many DS systems and Pokemon games as they could carry, and ran for the non-functioning sliding door, which they destroyed on their mad dash out of the store.

In the end, got my Mr Incredible after going to 2 stores (with coupon) and 3 packs of Power Discs. they really need to find another retailer besides TRU for these exclusives, that chain is turning ghetto.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby Grishnaar » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Got there at 7:50am with my daughters for the Skylander early opening. After wading through all of the Skylander stuff, they brought out a box with the Sully's and a padded mailer envelope with the power discs. I grabbed a Sully and 2 packs and was a little unhappy that they couldn't find any Mr. I's. After my local running around I drove to the next closest TRU and their shelves were full of both Sully, Mr. I and the power discs. After hitting 7 or so stores this morning my daughters could barely fit in the car with 2 crystal Infinity figures, 2 power discs and every Skylander that was released today. Expensive day but a big win for daddy!

-Grishnaar

rank_0
Grishnaar

Postby Shingotink » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Well like many others I went on an adventure this morning.

Left the house at 7:45 got to the store around 7:58 with no one else waiting at the door.

I go inside and all they have is the Crystal Sully, so I picked him up with a random character (Barbossa) just so I could get the 40% off if I found Crystal Mr. Incredible elsewhere. I have had a non-readable Tron disc since last month that I luckily traded for a working one while I was there.

Next I went to another store around 15 miles away which had Sully, the Zurg disc but no Mr. Incredible. They told me they were showing Mr. I in their inventory but it was never delivered. They gave me a list of 3 stores in the "area" (all at least 15 miles more away) which were also showing had them in stock.

I then drove another 15 miles to a third store which had none of the new stuff, even though the second store told me they were showing them in inventory. Luckily the manager was willing to help me out. He gave me a refund on the Barbossa figure and ordered a Mr. incredible to be sent to my house and waived the shipping.

All in all I spent a little more gas than I wanted to, but come later this week I will once again have all things infinity (that are remotely attainable) in hand.

YAY ME!!!

rank_100
Shingotink
Main Console: Xbox 360
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ethanwa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Anyone here in the Orlando area? I don't want to go to the store without knowing if they have these or not.

rank_50
ethanwa

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys