TRU disc exclusive rights expire?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: TRU disc exclusive rights expire?

Postby fatcatfan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 am

rank_50
fatcatfan
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby caseysrodeo13 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 am

Well since were talking discs, I thought I would share a few things with everyone. I went to my local TRU sunday afternoon, of course I didnt go to the disc swap on saturday. Any way I picked up 8 packs of the TRU discs and what do you know all but one pack had a tron "round" disc. Go figure, Im not sure if this is one of the rare one's, But now at least out of the 8 packs I did buy I got one tron disc and one jack sparrow with coins out of all those packs. Lots of duplicates.
I counted all of my discs and I have 110 bucks worth of dups. Amazing, I wished that Disney would have made the discs "visible", I definitely would have saved money on the whole deal. So all in all Im not sure if the round "Tron" disc is one of the rare one's or not.
caseysrodeo13
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby neoz » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 am

^^^

It's always been like that for the TRU bud. There was a hold thread about it. The first batch with Mike's Car was just Mike Car. The TRU ones are timed exclusives. Meaning that TRU will release one at a time over a certain amount. Not all at the same time. I take it you didn't get a chance to read that here before you bought. Same that no one warned you before you bought 8 packs. Good thing is you can be like certain members and scalp them on ebay for more then what they are worth. ;)

But yeah next time when TRU does another one you know so you can only buy one instead.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby maximumzero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I have absolutely no proof or source for this, but logic dictates that the Toys R Us exclusive discs will eventually be appearing in series 2 or series 3 of all packs.

However, they won't be in their "rare" designation, so if you're a collector, you'll likely want both. For example, the Tron disc that Toys R Us released on Saturday looks like this:

When it appears in the standard, non-TRU exclusive packs, it'll look like this:

But it's just my guess.

rank_100
maximumzero
NN ID:

Postby caseysrodeo13 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Im not looking to scalp any of the discs at all, I bought the 8 packs because they were 2 for 6 bucks. I was hoping to complete my set but it's gunna take alot of purchases or alot of luck,.....Im sure it will be more money spent then I care to, I do have a five year old that loves the game......
caseysrodeo13
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby maximumzero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Trade. Trade. Trade.

Products in blind packs are meant to be traded. You'll have no issues trading the Tron discs for just about anything you need.

rank_100
maximumzero
NN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys