I just don't get it....

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

I just don't get it....

Postby *NikkiBell* » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Alright, I just don't get it.

We have Jack Skellington coming out next. He, like the majority of the other announced upcoming characters, will be Toy Box mode only. People are going crazy over this, but I don't understand why. If you can only use him to run around in the Toy Box, what is the big appeal to it?

rank_0
*NikkiBell*
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: I just don't get it....

Postby mdewater » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I think this is another case of highly underestimating the Toy Box, perhaps not fully understanding it? I suggest checking out the Toy Box section of the forum and reading up on how powerful it's potential is.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby Nikasaurus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:54 pm

I know how you feel. Especially if they charge the same price. I might get Mickey as, well, it's Mickey. But other than that, I don't see the point, other than from a collector's perspective. Particularly for the Frozen characters

rank_100
Nikasaurus
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Hkman » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:00 pm

He's a fan favorite, so I don't think it's that crazy that there's a lot of hype about him despite the limitation.

rank_0
Hkman
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Kelleytoons » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, we already know that Mickey unlocks some things that no other character can, so I would suspect the same might be true for other characters who don't have their own worlds. IOW, they are likely to have special packs or items that will then be available to use in your Toy Box you can get no other way.

Otherwise, as folks say, the only real reason to get the figure is because you like that character so much you want to play as it.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:02 pm

I agree with mdewater. Read more into the top box. I'm only playing and beating the story modes to collect as much as I can for the toy box.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Agent C » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:07 pm

If you explore some of the areas created areas from The team at Avalanche, they have vaults for the characters that will be available. I have seen a few, and I have heard about others. I know that Wreck -It Ralph will have special things in his vault like his vehicle from Sonic Racing Transformed. Mickey has quite a bit of special stuff. I agree. There is an insane amount of potential with the Toy Box. I do think they may need to reevaluate the way we as the consumers can share with one another.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Hopefully Jack will have some cool unlockables too!

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys