Toy box meter should take forever to fill

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Toy box meter should take forever to fill

Postby LeiaOrgana » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 pm

With the exception of the Wii, I think the limitations at this time are more due to keeping them light for the multiplayer/online aspects than RAM usage. In the Playsets you can clearly walk (sail, etc.) very large and dense locations without system issues occurring, because they don't have network play. Although there are certainlyl objects and such not available to us, you can tell they are constructed on the same basic framework.

What I would like is to see is once you hit the threshold, being prompted to say that you can continue to increase the size, but it won't work for online multiplayer (or limited, to say 2 people). Something along those lines.

I also hope to see the 100-limit increased, since that includes downloaded ToyBoxes. There are no system imposed limitations there aside from storage space - and I have a 2TB HD on my Wii U, so I have plenty of that, LOL.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Skellington0327 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:23 pm

My meter is weird. Sometimes I'll put something in my toy box and it will it's full so I exit out of spark mode and go back in and the meter is back down to the bottom. Does this happen to anyone else?
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PleasantlyGrim » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:27 pm

^ all the time. When you place an item it loads another item to place which takes up extra space. When you exit spark mode it puts said item away therefor item doesn't take up space. You're not noticing the item because its overlapping the same item you placed. You can tell by the red outline.

rank_100
PleasantlyGrim
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:45 am

What's interesting is that it seems like the items have a specified "volume" value, versus going on some actual raw data. Like, the Castle - the castle is large, but it has a VERY big impact on the ToyBox. In fact, I couldn't place a second one even though I was just up over half filled. I didn't spend too much time testing, hoping to later on tonight. I'm curious if that is intentional to only allow you one castle - again, it is big, but not exponentially or proportionally bigger than some of the other larger items comparing their impact on the meter.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys