Disney Infinity: Platform Sales Numbers Here

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity: Platform Sales Numbers Here

Postby Puddin' » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:03 pm

The TRU near me got almost twice as many wii versions than any other version.... and only 6 3DS copies.

I'm surprised the 3DS version isn't on that list :lol:

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby LeiaOrgana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 pm

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Agent C » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I was around for the launch of Skylanders. It was a terrible launch. It took off once TRU put them on the most wanted Christmas List. I expect you will see a big push here at Christmas. The Wii U version was definitely the right choice for me, sorry Sheriff. I think this will have more of a long tail than Skylanders. Name recognition for the characters coupled with the Toy Box should help out if Disney supports it like a true platform. My worry about Wave 3 is that it will only be discs. I have not seen any vaults available for characters outside of Wave 1 and 2. I can't imagine the Wii being left out of Wave 3 figures. With these kind of numbers, there is a very real possibility that DI2 will be on the Wii.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:58 pm

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Postby StormbringerGT » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Yeah when skylanders first came out they just sat on the shelves. All sad and not being sold. I took a chance and bought it and fell in love. I went back that that day and got everything.

Then Christmas came and the marketing began and it took off right after Christmas you couldn't find any figures for a while.

Disney Infinity is sitting in a good spot right now. They get to ride on the success of the Skylanders business model. They also have brand recognition: DISNEY!

If these numbers seem low atm don't worry at all. One those are for the game sales, none of the sales date for the toys or discs are included there.
two, a lot of kids are getting this for Christmas, as such a lot of people have not started Christmas shopping yet, as the Christmas season begins those numbers will sky rocket. Then stay good after Christmas as kids spend their Christmas money on the games and toys.
Three, the market hype will really start to kick in around Christmas as well, towards end October I would imagine that will help a ton.

Also I am not surprised the wii did so well. a LOT of people own wii especially the yougins. I contemplated the Wii U (which as other people have said is a GREAT system fyi and will be $50 cheaper in a few weeks) but I have a full stable of friends on the 360 and Dat achievements. So I went with the 360 version instead, which happens to be my got-to system for games currently anyway.

I wouldn't worry at all DI is going to clean up.

As a side note, I think there is room in the market for Skylanders and Disney Infinity just like, 360, PS3 and Wii U. People who fanboy a console usually can only afford one or just tend to support the only one they choose to get. We need to have all this competition in the market, over saturation is also bad but we are not there yet. This promotes a healthy environment and competition for our money. We win when companies woo us over with sales and trying to make the best product they can. They all push each other for innovation and Skylanders and Disney Infinity will do just that. They make sure one or the other won't get lazy. I love both and can't wait to see what they do in the future!

rank_100
StormbringerGT
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Divex » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 pm

The Wii U version of DI sold great.

there are what ? 4M WiiUs ? all the other consoles have sold over 70M times.
Divex

Postby Ignohippo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Stormbringer: I agree with everything you've said.

I'm concerned for Skylanders only because Toys For Bob is skipping a year and isn't working on Swap Force. We LOVE Skylanders in our house (and have everything they've put out) but I think we may skip Swap Force and wait for next year's TFB edition. I just don't know if I can justify buying both Infinity AND Swap Force this year - especially with Swap Force needing a new portal.

Disney really upped the game with Infinity. It'll be interesting to see what TFB can do with next year's Skylanders.

rank_100
Ignohippo

Postby StormbringerGT » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm

From what I have seen though Swapforce looks like a much better game than the first two. But we'll see I suppose. I'll let you know when I get it! :D Can't wait to jump around with my Giants!

rank_100
StormbringerGT
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys