Ending production

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Ending production

Postby Zattaltin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 am

Is there any speculation of ending wave one in a time frame after releasing wave two or three?

I wouldn't think so but I wouldn't put it past them.
Twitter - bwking25
PSN - Zattaltin

rank_100
Zattaltin
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Ending production

Postby Tinker Tom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:36 am

If this was the 80's I would say yes, because there is only sooo much shelf space at stores.

But now we have virtual stores. I think that with the base game having Pirates, Incredibles, Monsters... those characters will be available, and they want to sell the play sets which have different toy box themes.

So I think you will see physical stores limit what they carry, but you will be able to get them on the internet.

rank_100
Tinker Tom
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Ignohippo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 am

The only one I'd be concerned with would be The Lone Ranger playset. This is purely speculation, but seeing how badly the movie tanked, if they need to scale down production on anything in order to get new product out, my guess is that would be the one. Let's face it, eventually new playsets will be coming out and the ones out now will be old news.

I could see them selling the DI-1 playset separately one day without the game (either all 3 properties together, or they'll separate them out) and the Cars is a much in-demand ongoing franchise – none of those will go anywhere. The Lone Ranger is dead as far as Disney is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they've ordered enough product to get them through Xmas and that'll be it. I also think it's probably selling better than they had expected and that may also lead it to be out of print sooner rather than later.

If I had to take a bet as to what DI product would eventually be hard to find (besides the clear variants), it'd be The Lone Ranger playset.

rank_100
Ignohippo
Main Console: PS4

Postby Agent C » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:02 am

It's funny you mention the Lone Ranger. There are a couple of people I have talked with like the Lone Ranger set the best.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Tinker Tom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:18 am

The Lone Ranger is my favorite set. I really liked the game play.

The warrior upgrades were awesome. Being able to turn into a crow, Awesome. Getting a selection of horses to use in the toy box, awesome. And you get an elephant to stomp people with. Awesome.

And I enjoyed the shoot outs and missions in LR much better than the go smash this robot now, that pretty much made up the Incredibles.

rank_100
Tinker Tom

Postby Agent C » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:20 am

Would this be the first time a game made more profit than the movie? :D

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Tinker Tom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:26 am

I'm kind of hoping the next Mega acquisition that Disney does is Nintendo.

They have great brand and IP, and I'm selfish. I want the Nintendo characters I grew up with in the 80's in my Disney Infinity playing with Wreck it Ralph.

Seriously, Nintendo is feeling some heat from tablet sales. I would love to see Disney add them to the family.

rank_100
Tinker Tom

Postby Ignohippo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 am

Tinker Tom: it'd be great to see, but what does Nintendo have to do with the topic at hand?

As for The Lone Ranger playset, yeah, a lot of people think that's the best one. That exactly what may lead to its collectibility. I imagine, before the game came out, that they had already planned on what figures and playsets would go back into production after launch for Xmas. Given the movie's failure, I imagine they cut the production on the TLR playset drastically.

After Xmas, their attention will probably move to new product (with erratic but continued production of the Cars and starter set playsets - either still grouped or possibly split up). Given that so far they're releasing new product every two months, I'm betting there will be new playsets and figures that we have yet to learn about in January and March, and then DI-2 in June or July.

rank_100
Ignohippo
Main Console: PS4

Postby neoz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 am

Me and a buddy at Gamestop were discussing which set we thought would go out first and it was also The Lone Ranger.

I love personally it is so far my favorite as well. I'm guessing like everyone else that since the movie didn't do so well they well cash out while they can. Shame too because I didn't think it was that bad. Then again I enjoyed John Carter as well.

rank_100
neoz

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys