Ending production

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Ending production

Postby x19 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 am

I have a raincheck from Target for the LR playset for 50% off and have been using their website to track when it became available again in the stores. Last night the listing updated to "online only" showing that Target is already reducing the number of SKUs offered in store.

I definitely see the lone ranger as the most logical piece to scale back on, but at the same time Disney needs to recoup as much of that billion dollar loss as possible and a in-demand gaming franchise seems like a good way to do it. Even if the LR was less possible parents will still buy it for their kids for the holidays.

rank_0
x19
Main Console: PS4

Postby gmask1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 pm

I wonder if releasing the LR set for Infinity will have any effect on the dvd/bd release? They may be able to act as feeders to each other. I haven't seen the movie, but my interest is increased because it was a part of Infinity.

Side note: Just noticed that LR and Tonto aren't in the DisneyInfinityFans.com forum image at the top left. Was LR a late inclusion? Weird.

rank_0
gmask1
Main Console: PS4

Postby neoz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 pm

^^^

I was about to suggest that as well. Once the LR blu/dvd comes out I'm sure more people might get the platset.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Zattaltin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:21 pm

I haven't seen the movie although I probably will. I am now happy to say I own all of the figures that are out. Now just to get the discs.
Twitter - bwking25
PSN - Zattaltin

rank_100
Zattaltin
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby PocketGoddess » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 pm

I had no interest whatsoever in the Lone Ranger playset at first, and didn't preorder it. Then I saw the D23 video with lots of gameplay and really liked what I saw. Then I found out that it would be half price at Target during launch week and ran out Sunday morning to buy it, even though I was trying to get ready for a week-long business trip I was starting on Monday morning. I'm glad I did, because I went very early, at 9:30 or 10, and there were only TWO Lone Ranger sets on the shelf, but tons of Cars.

rank_50
PocketGoddess
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby xerxxees » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:52 pm

I was not planning to get Lone Ranger at all, but my son got a gift certificate for his birthday to the Disney store. So, figured, why not. Turns out that it's his favorite area. It's pretty cool for sure. It definitely has some different game play than the others. If I could just get my son to stop shooting me in the back of the head.....
xerxxees
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby mva5580 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Even if they do end production of figures/playsets (which obviously at some point, they will,) it's not like you're going to have a hard time finding them for years to come. I mean you've got Ebay, Craigslist, 3rd party sellers on places like Amazon, etc, none of this stuff is going to be impossible to find for quite a while. And really never, depending on how much you're willing to pay.

I also find the Lone Ranger play set to be the best of the bunch, I had similar thoughts in that I didn't care at all about the movie, but the theme of it seems to be tailor made for a video game like this. Most of the play sets are actually really good fun, it's just too bad that 1) You can get through them pretty quick, and 2) A lot of the cool stuff about them doesn't transfer over to the toy box.

rank_0
mva5580

Postby MonkeyCrumb » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 pm

MonkeyCrumb

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys