there will be no Phineas and Ferb Play set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: there will be no Phineas and Ferb Play set

Postby Ignohippo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 am

First, all of the retail lists that I've seen lately (and package photos) have been absent Phineas and Agent P, which means they may be in Wave 3 after all.

Second, putting Ferb with a non-essential character, like Candace, is good business and exactly what they're doing by releasing Buzz and Jessie packaged together. It would absolutely make perfect sense for them to do it. I also think they know that Doof would sell well on his own (like Phineas and Perry).

rank_100
Ignohippo
Main Console: PS4

Postby Humphrey the Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:59 am

^ Exactly! :)

What my point is, is that there's no need for everyone to be so negative about unconfirmed speculation. It's like the old saying- don't count your chickens until they've hatched. The possibility could still go either way at this point. Until Disney comes out and makes a statement about it themselves, it is silly to get all bummed out when the possibility is still there.

rank_0
Humphrey the Bear

Postby Ntsap » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 pm

I was just about to bring up that point about buzz and Jessie. I hope phineas and perry and the rest of the cast get pushed back and to wave 3 hopefully the movie is out around the time to tie in with it.
Ntsap

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:33 pm

@ignohippo
What, so no possible perry in wave 2 :( !? The only reason they did that with the toy story playset is because if you notice playset packs come with a girl and a boy, and since Buzz in kinda the main character in the TS playset, maybe that's why they put them together. Thoguh I'm sure a lot of ppl want the P&F together in a pack, it is called a phineas and ferb playset, not a ferb and Candace playset. The only good way for them to have a phineas and ferb playset is if they -sniff- not have phineas and perry in wave, which looks like it -sniff- might happen since so far phineas and perry have no packaging images :( . I really wanted a perry soon, I don't want to wait longer! :(
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby BugCatcherJenna » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:56 pm

They will not put P&F in the same packaging... Wanna know why? MONEY.
They will most definitely have (if this even comes out) Phineas as a single figure, Perry as a single figure, Dr. Doof as a single figure, and a two figure pack with Ferb and Candace (or another female.. for the ladies. ;P)

They do this all the time with action figures, and play toys. Look at the MU toys they released recently at the DS, they packaged mike and sulley in two different packages, with one or two other non-popular characters. If you packaged Mike and Sulley together, no one would buy the other set of characters because there is "no need" to! You already have the main attraction.

I absolutely do NOT see Disney skipping out on a P&F playset, there is just WAY too much money to be made there.
Seven a.m. the usual morning line up, hop on the ps3 and play Disney Infinity all day!

rank_0
BugCatcherJenna
Main Console: PS3

Postby Hollowgirl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:28 pm

So that means Jack Sparrow also will have no playset :( That bums me out big time.
Hollowgirl
XBL ID:

Postby JorReno » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:45 pm

^Ummmm what?

rank_50
JorReno
XBL ID:

Postby Hollowgirl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Someone posited that the chests that show up on the TOy Box area to be opened by figurines represent the figurines that WILL NOT have a play set, and since I have a chest in my toybox right now for jack to open.... I came up with my conclusion. Am i wrong?
Hollowgirl
XBL ID:

Postby JorReno » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

You get a playset for him with The Starter.

Did you mean Jack SKELLINGTON?

rank_50
JorReno
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys