there will be no Phineas and Ferb Play set

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: there will be no Phineas and Ferb Play set

Postby Humphrey the Bear » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:36 pm

rank_0
Humphrey the Bear
Main Console: PS4

Postby Disneyrocks111 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

^Agreed.

OP, your claim doesn't have enough concrete evidence.

First of all, having character chests doesn't necessarily equal no playset. A likely plan of action for Disney would be to create those chests so that those who bought Phineas and Perry aren't upset by the lack of them, as the hypothetical playset is obviously not as near completion as the Toy Story one is. Imagine if somebody bought the Perry figure upon release and couldn't open anything up with him! Those unlockable chests are a bit of a selling point: if you couldn't unlock new features with new characters, than it could drive spme consumers away. Disney is not about to sell some characters that unlock things and some that don't 'until the playset comes out'. It's only logical that every character should be able to unlock content upon release.

Additionally, I recall hearing that a decent amount of Phineas and Ferb content was found on (i think?) the PS3 disc.

Besides, with the information that DI figures will be forwards and backwards compatible, and secondly, the current amount of information on disc, its safe to assume that DI will indeed be making use of updates with its further content. There is no way Disney could make a claim that all future figures will work on the first installment of DI if it was depending on the current state of the game's files. Meaning...

If additional figures are going to be patched into the data of the game to allow it all to function, then who is to say a playset can't be? And if such a patch happens, clearly those character chests could be relocated to the playset.

Don't give up hope yet, guys. It's silly to trap yourself in a corner with all this practically baseless speculation. Disney has always been a magical place full of surprises. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. The dev team at DI clearly have a long term plan and I personally trust that they know what they're doing.[/quote]
This isn't 'Baceless' That was enough proof anyway! :x
Donut Shop!

rank_100
Disneyrocks111
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby JorReno » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:40 pm

But I wanna give a monkey a shower...
:(

rank_50
JorReno
XBL ID:

Postby Humphrey the Bear » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 pm

Well it could be a marketing ploy. I mean, the Toy Story playset doesn't come with Woody, who I would say is the main protagonist. If a Phineas and Ferb playset came with Ferb and Candice (in DI's data there were costumes found of not only Phineas and Perry but also Ferb, Candice, and Dr Doof) then the fans of the series would be more likely to buy the other two separately. Maybe even Doctor Doof too.

Also, I apologize for saying baseless. It wasn't, but what I meant is that the P&F series Toy Box chests aren't really enough to completely shut down the idea of a P&F playset. There's still hope. :)

rank_0
Humphrey the Bear

Postby Nyteshade517 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:51 pm

I believe those "costumes" are just the NPC's you can use for Toy Box mode. There are costumes for lots of characters that won't be in the game. Just because there are ones for people you would like in the game don't mistake that for some kind of confirmation they will be in. If they were to add anymore characters to the game they would have to completely re-do the Hall of Heroes to add more space for statues.

rank_0
Nyteshade517
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby GambitAce » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 am

Same with Wreck it Ralph as they have other characters they can use for them.

rank_50
GambitAce
XBL ID:

Postby Humphrey the Bear » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:27 am

rank_0
Humphrey the Bear

Postby Disneyrocks111 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:46 am

I got it.
Donut Shop!

rank_100
Disneyrocks111
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:37 am

A bit more possible proof of no P&F playset, it has already been confirmed their is going to only to be one playset (toys story) in wave 2. And Phineas and Perry are already gonna be in wave 2. If in wave 3 or something they have the playset, and it includes Phineas and Ferb, then ppl will be mad since they most likely already got Phineas. And if they just do Ferb with some other Phineas and Ferb character, ppl will be mad that it doesn't have the brothers together. And if they just sell the playset piece with no figures , just like a single playset thing with just the playset piece, DI could make less money most likely.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys