Anywhere to find out about upcoming playsets and ideas?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Anywhere to find out about upcoming playsets and ideas?

Postby blockerman » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Is there a resource you can point me to so that I can stay abreast on developments of future content and playsets?

rank_100
blockerman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Anywhere to find out about upcoming playsets and ideas?

Postby iR3ckl3sS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:26 pm

The last playset to come out for this infinity will be the toy story one a friend of my was able to rip the disc to his pc and you can read all the file contents and the only playsets on the disc are monsters U the incredibles pirates cars lone ranger and toy story the only other way they could put out more playsets would be means of puttin out the figures and the playset piece with a free dlc code of some sorts
iR3ckl3sS

Postby Quasimodo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:38 pm

^Or they could just apply an update to the game at around the time that the playset is released. That way people couldn't look at the disc contents and figure out everything months ahead.

rank_50
Quasimodo
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Xero » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm

^^

rank_0
Xero

Postby AchillesPDX » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm

^^ What about the millions of people who don't have broadband internet access? Disney would never release figures or playsets that would require a separate download because there are TONS of people who would never be able to use them. I'm sorry guys, but the content that is on the disc is all we're going to get until Infinity 2.

rank_50
AchillesPDX
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Shaun2040 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm not saying that there will or won't be more play sets with Infinity 1, but if they wanted to add more via DLC it would be very feasible. There are plenty of games out there that follow this model. I would even say it's rare if a big name game does not have additional DLC.

rank_0
Shaun2040
PSN ID:

Postby Draculin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:45 pm

I don't know why so many people think that Disney Infinity will never be updated, of course it will and those updates will most likely contain support for new playsets and characters. As for those who don't have an internet connection, that makes no difference, Disney know that the majority of people buying this game will have access to the internet and therefore this game will continue to make money, it isn't a risk for them at all.

rank_0
Draculin
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby AchillesPDX » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:53 pm

@shaun2040 but other mainstream games which have DLC don't have physical objects for sale that rely on that DLC to function. Even Skylanders doesn't do this. Imagine if little billy went to Wal-Mart with his mom and saw Stinky Pete on the shelf and that's his favorite character of all time. Billy's mom buys Stinky Pete, brings him home, and he does nothing when you put him on the base because Billy's family lives in Rural Wyoming and all they have for outside contact is a telephone. Can you imagine how many wibble consumers there would be?

@draculin believe me, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm 99% sure I'm not, the idea of new figures and playsets requiring DLC to function are terrifying from a business and logistics standpoint.

rank_50
AchillesPDX
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Draculin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 pm

@AchillesPDX I'm not talking about DLC, I'm talking about updates or patches if you like, every game updates otherwise bugs wouldn't be fixed and new content couldn't be added. Think of it like Minecraft which updates every few months with new free content, only in DI, the updates would just provide support for future features. The game could never expand without updates and that is what the game is all about. I don't think Disney could ever justify releasing the same game, year after year just so you can gain access to characters that you have to buy separately anyway.

rank_0
Draculin
Main Console: Xbox One

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys