Anywhere to find out about upcoming playsets and ideas?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Anywhere to find out about upcoming playsets and ideas?

Postby LeiaOrgana » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:53 pm

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby blockerman » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Why would they add a sequel so early, when they can just add more playsets to the existing game? #confused

rank_100
blockerman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:10 pm

I think what everyone is saying is that all the future playsets have files that are already written into the current game disc. So every release is planned out and they release them slowly, mostly to keep people interested so they will continue to look forward to the next release and spend more money. So some people have scanned the files on the disc to find out what other playsets are going to be coming out. And they can't add more playsets to what is already planned/on your disc unless they were to offer a patch to update the game. But so far it sounds like the only other one found was Toy Story. So some people are thinking that will be it for the playsets.

I tend to agree though, there will not be a sequel to the game for at least a year and I find it hard to believe they are going to release everything additional by January.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby jimjimmyjones85 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:26 pm

I don't see how this will not be fixed via DLC.

I mean the first thing my disc did when i put it in was update.

PS# issue... fixed by a patch.

DLC's add entire levels and modes as well as online maps to current games. Why would this not be the case here?

If this is in fact true I would say that the label of "Infinity" is actually inaccurate.

rank_0
jimjimmyjones85
Main Console: PS4

Postby FROZOFAN » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 am

^Exactly, I don't see how people can be mad about DLC coming if they have no Internet, but not be mad that everyone who pops the game with an Internet connection downloads an update immediately. We live in an online world now, the industry is shifting towards all digital sales anyways. I'm not a fan personally, I'd much rather OWN all of my media physically, but DLC just makes sense.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Vortimous » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:11 am

I tend to agree. for anyone that plays LoL, look how many characters they have added, each unique with own abilities and interact with all the rest. To say Disney cant or is limited to whats on the disc, I just don't believe. Esp since they hype this game as forwards/backwards compatible, going to be around for 5+ years, etc, etc, blah blah. That seemed to be the difference they were trying to push (along with toy box mode) to be different from skylanders. And whoever said that the content is scattered out... obviously you never really played skylanders... having to wait till Nov at the latest to get all the content (minus Mickey) is not long at all compaired to the lull that the purple dragon dragged people threw.....
Vortimous

"Winning isn't everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"

rank_100
Vortimous
Main Console: PS3

Postby Ntsap » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 am

Seriously though if you don't have Internet sorry but most do. Once you download it you don't need Internet right? So I'm sure little whoever can go download it somewhere and call it a day. I hope toy story isn't the last playset it's to early.
Ntsap

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys