PC Version Confirmed!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: PC Version Confirmed!

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:07 pm

As a general update on PC, two bits of info are even more strange: "You will need to use your computer controls while building in the Toy Box, but can use your Xbox 360 controller at all other times!" "Power Discs and Playsets can't be used in the Infinity Toy Box for PC, currently. However, you can use all the characters you've unlocked, if you purchased any!"
*sigh* I just don't understand...
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby maximumzero » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 am

I'm a Mac guy, so no Infinity for me unfortunately, though I did try it on my mother's computer...slideshow city, it seems.

rank_100
maximumzero
NN ID:

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:55 am

They're still unable to get playsets and power discs working?
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535
Main Console: PS3

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:02 am

Well, officially PC's just the TB. Whatever that means. But it's not complete without PDs....And Infinity's not complete without play sets....
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby TransBat » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I still think that somewhere the was full intent to support/create a full PC version - and somewhere along the line the PC Toy Box is what that idea either devolved into, or would be used as a testing ground to see if it would be feasible and if consumers would take to it. There's too many oddities like the fact the Infinity Base finds a driver when the Toy Box app has been installed, and the fact that all characters work, but lamentably Power Discs and Play Sets don't.

Initially there were posts from various media outlets before the launch of DI that it would be about 5 months/the early portion of 2014 before the PC version would be released. Do we have any contact/Mickeys we could reach out to so we could get some "final" information on if the FULL PC version is still in the works, or if it isn't going to make this round of Infinity?

rank_0
TransBat

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Transbat, I've tried. Felix agreed with what you said about the anomalies, Jellyfish didn't know for sure, and if I remember rightly, the PC guys at Avalanche told Felix for me that "Disney's goal for PC is what PS3 and others got, but I don't know what's taken so long."(As close a paraphrase to what I remember being told.) I wish we could just plain ask Mr. V. but he's scared of us, and I don't want to be accused of breaking the EULA and thrown in jail when I was originally just wanting the music. Getting in trouble with Disney'd harm my career hopes and plans since I'm aiming for Avalanche. We need some kind of plan, or way to reach out to Mr. V., or maybe Alison, the community manager. And people on the official forums have wondered why they can't just play all of Infinity on PC.
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:28 pm

I hope this is OK to revive, but I have to laugh almost. On the official forums, people have asked to use toy Discs on PC, what they're missing without a console, and my personal favorite, why can't we just use the Base on PC. Hopefully Disney's watching, because it's not just us anymore...
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby TransBat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:17 pm

MTM - I totally understand about not pressuring people and ruining your chances of getting a job at Avalanche or another software developer - at the end of the day, it's just a game, and definitely not worth the risk ;)

I'm thrilled to see/hear that people are starting to ask more questions about the use of Toy Discs and such on the PC. Let's hope enough people politely "bombard" Disney with questions so we can get an official/final response. It is nice not to be quite so alone in the desire to see/find out what's the deal with the PC version feeling like it was/is meant to be so much more...

rank_0
TransBat

Postby Modeltrainman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:46 am

More questions from another user:
"1: Is there an .ini file I can edit to change the settings for the PC version?

2: Is there a way to force the PC version to recognize a Xbox 360 controller? To be clear, I can use the controller somewhat. But I'm looking for the same Toy box layout as the Xbox version when I play with a gamepad.

3: Is the PC version a beta release?"
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys