PC Version Confirmed!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: PC Version Confirmed!

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:32 pm

I still can't place items in an empty Toy Box because it claims it's full. I sent an email to tech support about it yesterday and still no response.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Dug from the depths of the D23 presentation topic, originally posted by Logan: "They said any current PC should work (nothing special) and release somewhere around 5 months after console release." Apparently that's all they'd say, but five months from August is....January/February? I wonder what happened? Platforms: Nintendo Wii™ and Nintendo Wii-U, Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PC, as well as an accompanying mobile experience.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby TransBat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks for finding that quote, MTM. I knew I wasn't imagining it ;)

So I was scrolling through my Twitter feed, and this was posted by the Official Disney Infinity Twitter today @ 3pmEST (Nov 17, 2013) with the post title of Caption this:
Original Twitter Post source: https://twitter.com/DisneyInfinity/stat ... 08/photo/1

link as image is larger than 550x550

(My apologies Sheriff is this image is too big or linked improperly!)

I know my subconscious wants to jump on this as some sort of clue that maybe the PC version still has a future, but I know I must take it with a huge grain of salt. To me, it just screams like the box art and setup one would use for a full PC Version Starter set. Hang in there PC Infinity fans, we can make it through this together!

(Edited to include easier to find link to original Twitter feed post.)

rank_0
TransBat

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 am

@Transbat, if I may ask sir, what does that tell us, exactly? The boxart hasn't been that for....I don't know, a few months, at least. It looks like: http://www.amazon.com/DISNEY-INFINITY-S ... y+infinity
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby TransBat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 am

Sadly MTM, your guess is as good as mine. It was something the Official Twitter account posted and said, "Caption This". Others responded saying shame it wasn't out for the PC, and their official twitter account said have you checked out the recently released Toy Box for PC? Another commented that yes, they were going to check the PC Toy Box out, but they'd hoped it was for the full PC version, to which the official Twitter account responded, "You never know what could happen in the future! #ThereAreNoRules" (I've updated my earlier post with a more clear link to the Twitter post.)

Maybe this was nothing but an attempt to drum up traffic for their Twitter feed as we push headlong into the holiday shopping season. It was just odd to me they used that non-labelled platform graphic (which is normally how PC Box Art tends to look compared to console versions) with just a caption this. My apology if I made it sound like I knew something more - if only I did :(

rank_0
TransBat

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:37 am

It's OK. I'm just confused because a friend from Avalanche said a PC game same as consoles was the goal, some people at Disney say no, the Toy Box is it, others say there's going to be a disc...Last night I found files that would require a base to use, by accident, in the PC ToyBox. I wanted the music, so I looked through the folders. When I plugged in the IB with the TB game present, it was seen by Windows as the Disney Infinity Base, which is weird, because no driver seemingly exists.
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:41 am

I think it's just a starter set with no console attached. It's the holiday shopping season, as you said. They are hoping people will buy the starter set as gifts. And instead of featuring a particular console over the others it's blank.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rosamouse » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:45 am

Well, here's the official blurb including minimum requirements and such from the DI webpage (right before you download the PC version.)

PC Game Download

You're almost there! Please read the features and system requirements before playing Disney Infinity.

The free-to-download PC version features and functionality include:

Mr. Incredible character for free
Build in the Disney Infinity Toy Box with a starter set of Toy Box toys
Link your Disney Infinity console game to your PC game via Disney ID
Unlock ALL of your Toy Box toys from the console automatically (only way to unlock toy box toys on PC)
Use the Toy Box Share feature to transfer Toy Boxes from Console to PC version and back again
Access to the "Disney Featured Toy Boxes" from the Toy Box share feature
Play Offline on the go
Game stays up to date automatically with any new PC version releases
Use web code cards to unlock digital versions of your favorite characters in the PC game
Super high quality graphics
Familiar PC gaming controls for users

In order to play Disney Infinity on the PC your system must meet these minimum requirements:

Windows Vista/7/8 (Windows XP users may encounter some issues during gameplay)
2.20GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 or 2.4GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.4GHz or equivalent processor
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512 MB, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB or Intel Integrated Graphics HD 4000 or equivalent
16-bit DirectX® 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX 9.0c (included)
Mouse & Keyboard
Broadband Internet connection

rank_50
Rosamouse
XBL ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 am

At least they're honest... In response to a previous post on the official forums, they said: "The PC version of Disney Infinity is completely free and really intended to compliment the home console version.

The PC version consists of the Toy Box mode, the contents of which can be synced with the Wii U, Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game - so any additional Toy Box items you unlock in one of those versions will become available to use on your PC copy! Web Codes from figures you own can be used to unlock digital versions of those figures for use on the PC.

Alternatively, if the PC version is not synced with a console, players can create with a selection of toys and play as Mr. Incredible.

We have more plans for the PC version, and are continually working to improve the experience and resolve any technical issues that players may be having!

Thanks!" Sadness and disappointment...to infinity and beyond...?
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys