Where Do I download UserCreated Content?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Where Do I download UserCreated Content?

Postby Flynnlegacy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi,

So Im starting to think ive made a mistake in purchasing this game for the Xbox.

I was under the impression that you can download other users custom Toy box Worlds.

So far, all I can see is an Option to Download toy boxes from Disney themselves!!!
As far as I know there are two ways to "share" your toy boxes online, 1, Share with friends who have bought the game (which none of mine have) or 2,
send your creation for moderation....... but they cant be serious? Every other game In this genre lets you post your creation to an online HUB and Disney really wants us to send off our creations that we worked hard on to them first, wait possibly months for it to "maybe" be released in the featured toy box's.

Toy box seems like something I would enjoy and is pretty much the reason I bought the game but once you finish building a toy box you know everything there is to know about it so there is no surprise and it would get boring real quick.

Can someone please Clarify How or If you can Download Toy boxes that other people have created (not your friends, not Disney)

Thanks
Flynnlegacy
Main Console: PS4

Re: Where Do I download UserCreated Content?

Postby Unhearted55 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Do you mean like little big planet?

rank_100
Unhearted55
Main Console: PS3

Postby Flynnlegacy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:51 pm

I haven't Actually played LBP enough but I did read that you can post your levels online via HUB. Other games that do this - Trails HD, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Minecraft etc etc.
Flynnlegacy

Postby D-infinity13 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:54 pm

It looks like no one has made a toy box yet for sharing. Also, I don't think it'll take months, probably a week or so, maybe shorter.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Flynnlegacy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 pm

I find it hard to believe that no one around the world has tried to upload a toybox and so If i was able to get comfortable with the fact that I would have to wait a "week", there is no guarantee that it will even be featured. This is extremely frustrating, It is screaming out for a Hub with Filters, Genres, Top Played, Top Rated. Oh and to make matters worse, If users have created those "featured" toy boxes, there is no mention of who uploaded it. FFS now I have to return it.
Flynnlegacy

Postby mdewater » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Wow, you are definitely overreacting. First off, Disney has said each week they will feature around 5-10 user created Toy Boxes. First, however, they must curate them. They have to screen them for anything offensive or questionable for a family audience, then make them available to download. How you think this is unacceptable is simply a matter of not understanding that this is a FAMILY game, first and foremost. Disney can not take the chance of allowing unlimited, unmoderated content be passed around using THEIR game.

Seeing as how the option to upload your user created Toy Box to Disney just went live yesterday (as far as I could tell), there's no way they could possibly have them ready for sharing yet. Give it more than two days, jeez.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby Flynnlegacy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Over reacting? How? Like I said Its the reason I bought this game, after waiting a long time and hearing a countless amount of times that you can share Your creations online I think I have a right to be Disappointed. All they had to do was clarify on the super restrictive Sharing. So 5 - 10 Boxes aye? I guess you (or Disney?) expect no one to actually use the share function. Most games like this have 100+ levels a DAY! So by your estimation, chances are my levels will never get published. Oh and by the way I have seen games that require Moderation first but Most of the time its the same day as submitted and as long as there is nothing offensive it will ALWAYS be published no matter how much the developers like or don't like it. Its like Disney saying, if we don't like it, we wont "feature" it and that's not fair.

Oh and one more thing, please don't tell me that they may not have the money for servers to host the content, it cost them 100 millions dollars make.
Flynnlegacy

Postby Notorious » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:02 pm

I don't want my game flooded with cruddy toyboxes for download...please return the game

rank_100
Notorious

Postby jdbloom » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 pm

We never said anything about no money to host them.

Some games that offer less moderation have levels that (frankly) aren't that good. Disney wants to offer the best out there. It has only been a few days, but I am betting they will bring out more levels soon. It also may increase from 5-10 a week. This is also the first week, so we will see more options and filters added I bet. LBP's community options have changed since launch. They have made it easier to get levels and find good levels. We just need to wait and see.

rank_250
jdbloom
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys