Trading Section - GUIDELINES UPDATED

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Trading Section

Postby Dach2k3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 am

I can understand that it can be difficult to set this sort of thing up and you obviously want rules to make it a safe environment. I can also understand that there will probably be a lot of complaints no matter what, so I do not envy your task.

Good luck. Consider the above suggestions and not complaints.
Dach2k3

Postby Wreck-It-Ralphie » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:53 am

What Dach said, Sheriff. Your plan of attack (to see how things go and progress from there) seems very reasonable.

Dach, are you on CAG? Is that where you're doing your trading? If so, what is your handle? I'm PlayableMoogle.
Wreck-It-Ralphie
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Notorious » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 am

If things don't Change I can say without a doubt I will not be trading/selling here.

rank_100
Notorious

Postby 62skjfhsdfjkdshsdkfj » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:06 am

Agree with Notorious ... Good thing I just joined and don't have many posts. There is no way I would go through all of that hassle; I was just going to dump my extra discs for $3 each to whomever needs them since I have so many spares.

Just think, there are 20 in the set and most people bought 30+ packs to get a full set. That means 40ish spares to get rid of. Or 40 posts on these forums :) I'll just wish them farewell on eBay all in one or two auctions and 1/10 of the time it would take me here.
62skjfhsdfjkdshsdkfj
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:14 am

I would just like to say that sheriff and the rest of the moderators have spent a lot of time working on this section for the forum, and they deserve a lot of credit for running this forum so smoothly. If you want it to change, simply ask nicely, and they are very reasonable people. I like the trading area, and, although I have never done trading before. I think a slot for each power disc doesn't seem too unreasonable.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby StormbringerGT » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:26 am

I would love to trade here I have a ton of discs to trade and I have a ton I would like to accquire. Gotta wait like 14 days and apparently I gotta make 50 fluff posts to do so. Problem is I will have traded everything away on craigslist by then. Which is going very well btw.

rank_100
StormbringerGT
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:27 am

I see now buying anything but one gold disc pack was a big mistake. So many worthless duplicates of discs no one wants, and trading 1 disc at a time, really? eBay is by far the best option for me, got both Alice In Wonderland hexes for $6, and Stitch's blaster for $3.50. Those were really the only wave 1 discs I wanted, and same will be true for wave 2, I only care about the Tron discs.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby Dach2k3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:58 am

^^ @Wreck-It-Ralphie ... Yes, that's where i have been trading. so far so good but i only shipped items today and will tomorrow as well. A lot of people trade and sell there so i hope it will go well. I am new there as well.

I am close to being done trading for my 2 sets. It has gone well, i just have to hope that I receive everything. I have not tried Craigslist.
Dach2k3

Postby Rapunzel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 am

I think it's a very good system.
The only improvements I could see would be allowing trades with multiple power discs (although I can understand if you have 4 of one disc you should make 4 listings as its very unlikely any one person is going to want all 4)
I would also think about the way that they have to be packaged. Isn't a padded envelope just an envelope with bubble wrap in? Surely we shouldn't need to do both? I could understand separating multiple discs within a padded envelope or wrapping them in bubble wrap individually and putting them in a mailing bag but I'm not sure if both are needed.
Also, are we allowed to say what countries we are willing to trade to?

rank_100
Rapunzel
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys