Trading Section - GUIDELINES UPDATED

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Trading Section

Postby PenguinoMF » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:06 am

For what it is worth my opinion is the trading section is over complicated with the individual listings. I've traded video games on websites for years now and the simplest way is to have a trade list. You have your haves and wants in 1 list and people can make offers based on that. If the forum is set up for it you can have a built in feedback system or a permanent thread for feedback.
PenguinoMF
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby superspongebob » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 am

Could I make a suggestion Sheriff? Make it compulsory for members to display their region, I personally don't fancy paying tracking costs etc all over the world when I could choose someone in my home region to trade with. Obviously if people then choose to trade abroad they know that international costs are going to apply.

rank_50
superspongebob

Postby Ignohippo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Much respect to the Sheriff and other mods of this board, but I simply want to list what I have, what I want and what my terms are. Easy-peasy.

Items would be edited out of the post when the trade is done and everyone can see what I have to trade in one simple post (and one picture for all of them).

I'm not a big fan of the set prices and terms either. I think they're great guidelines, but I think those terms should be up to the people trading.

rank_100
Ignohippo

Postby gamecocksc17 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:37 pm

nice. i've been here since january. but my posts aren't up to 50. this should be fun.
"I tell yewww everee-ting" - Ms. Swan

rank_0
gamecocksc17

Postby Figment74 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Great feedback everyone on the Trading process. With great respect to the Admins, I am also a little concerned that I can't list all disks that I am willing to trade in one post instead of going to multiple threads, it does seem complicated. I don't really have an issue with limiting the cost if you are selling should keep the unsavory ones at bay.

I would also like to point out that we should be encouraged to say where you are willing to ship to. At $5 per bag, the value of each disk is $2.50 US. so adding tracking info, and padded envelopes should be at the discretion of those requesting the trade (and they should be willing to pay the added shipping) I never considered trading on-line, and this process concerns me that most traders will be turned away.

I also like the idea of requiring someone to be an active member of the boards, just not sure that 50 posts is the right number, more like 25 but that have to be in several threads not just one. I am new to these forums like many others, and I think that this is a great place to go for Disney Infinity info. I am not sure if I will trade under these Guidelines.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby Gabbnabbit » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I am posting to get my post count up. only 40 more to go....

rank_0
Gabbnabbit

Postby Gabbnabbit » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Also would like to note that I might participate in more posts if the ps3 game i purchased had worked and i could comment on the various threads. I realize that it now works and am anxious to try again.

rank_0
Gabbnabbit

Postby mdewater » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Add my name to list saying that the most effective way to do this would be to simply have a want/have list like every other site in the world. There's a reason it's so commonly used - it works. Making it so strict takes any desire to do my trading on this forum away. I'll simply go elsewhere to avoid the hassle.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 pm

A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys