Trading Section - GUIDELINES UPDATED

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Trading Section

Postby ll_HollywooD_ll » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Hm, I have a question...and an idea...but no real solution so hopefully this makes sense.

The main question I have is the ability to trade discs for figures and vice versa. Lets say I have a super awesome power disc that I'm willing to trade for a figure...and someone is willing to accept it. For purposes of this example, lets say my disc is valued at $30 on all other sites...and the figure is only valued at $15. In this sense I am holding true to the idea of a scalper free zone as I am making a trade based on only 50% of the worlds idea of this discs value. Some member here might love to make that deal as it enables them to acquire a rare item at half the cost of getting it elsewhere.

Now, that would mean that a disc that cost me $3 (and maybe a ton of luck and other wasted money on empty packs) to obtain is suddenly valued at $15. While some may look at this as scalping...think about it for a moment. I had to spend gas to get to the store, my precious time, and probably bought 30 other packs with nothing in them to get this ONE awesome disc. I believe that, even here on the boards, these things need to be considered. Otherwise, if figure trading does become an option (and I hope it does)...then the D23 Mickey needs to be given away for free as those who acquired it got it for free...or did they? (Entrance fee to the expo, gas, time)

All I'm saying in a nutshell is: 1) Please let there be figure-figure and disc-figure trading (my main concern)...and 2) While I believe we need to keep trading values at a minimum and help each other out as fellow collectors, completionists, and disney-aholics (I would put myself in the running for president of this club) we need to recognize there are differences in value in some items. What I would suggest is that a proposed trade be viewable to the entire forum for us to provide feedback on whether or not a deal is justifiable or outrageous.

And then here we are at questioning who are we to decide the value of someone else's items, but the moderators are right, there needs to be a limit to how much everything is worth. We should be helping each other complete our collections so we can all fully experience this game and have all the cool things that goes with it. Just think about the kid who can't have something because it costs too much. Why should kids suffer for the greed of adults? My kids sold off their skylanders for this game at our yard sale...and when a little girl of probably around 7 was told by her mom she couldn't have a darklight crypt set we were selling for $15 my heart broke and I have it to her for the two dollars she had in her hand. For those of you who know, this set can easily sell for over $100 on eBay. Point is, take care of each other. In a greedy world, we need to stick together and fight against scalpers!

Wow. Went a little off there. Moderators, I think you have your hands full trying to make the perfect spot for us to trade, but your on the right track. You are the judge and we are the jury. Forum members, do your part and help them make this a fun place for it, but don't forget to be respectful. It's impossible to please everyone, but they seem like they are trying.

Looking forward to trading with you all and doing some mischievous things on here (you'll find out about that later ;))
"Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had."

-- My Disney Infinity Collection:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3347#sthash.KMpufgip.dpbs

rank_50
ll_HollywooD_ll
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby HiddenMickey » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:09 am

I'm confused. Is this a trading section?
HiddenMickey
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:52 am

It's kind of a shame that the trading section is not completely taking off on this forum. Has tremendous potential.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Gabbnabbit » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm going to venture over there and attempt a Swap for duplicates, anyhow to see if I can find an easy way of getting rid of a few. I know my post count isn't high, but I suppose I would risk a stern talking too. Ebay bidding is interesting and I just had to resurrect a paypal account i haven't used for at least 10 years.

rank_0
Gabbnabbit
Main Console: PS3

Postby Maverickx75 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:30 am

As a newer member to the forum I find that though I understand the restrictions set in place for the sell/swap zones, I find that the restrictions are a tad burdensome. Example being the 550x550 picture restrictions? Just my 2 cents. But again, I decided to use other routes as the Sheriff said.
Maverickx75
Main Console: Xbox One

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys