Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby Vidia » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm fairly sure that they are never going to include the villain with a playset.

Besides, King Candy was pretty popular after the movie came out. I think he'd sell anyway.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia
Main Console: PS4

Postby vynsane » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:21 pm

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby VampLena » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 pm

wreck it Ralph - he's my new favorite animation guy replacing buzz light year, so yeah, IM GONNA WRECK IT if there's no Ralph playset with Felix and Calhoun

X-men playset - long shot I know since marvel/Disney is at war with fox over x men rights

Hercules playset - because DI screams Hercules, it'd fit perfectly

star wars Rebels playset with Hera and chopper, because it's such a great show and very popular right now

rank_50
VampLena

Postby TheEAB » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Agree with you VampLena, I'd totally buy a Fix-it Felix Figure, as well as Hercules.
Why not add: Dooku, Grievous, Mace WIndu, The Inquisitor, The Emperor, Rex and Cody to the Star Wars roster? Can't wait for a clone trooper figure to be released!

rank_100
TheEAB
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:56 am

After finally playing toy box takeover, I have to agree with others in this thread: Merlin is the figure I didn't know that I need.

Merlin is definitely a must have.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Hopeless » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 am

You know if it wasn't for all that Marvel Battlegrounds business I was wondering what you'd think of a play set based around the Spider Hunt?

A set of vampiric foes attempting to wipe out all the alternate spider people, but in this case maybe set it up so they're targeting all of the Marvel characters so they can't help their ultimate target of Spiderman?

Could have the villains involved because they're able to find out and intervene for their own nefarious purposes but this would allow for the addition of White Tiger, Luke Cage and the other new heroes seen in the Ultimate Spiderman series although unless they release costume changes for the various figures to explain their alternate selves maybe Miles travels to the Disney Infinity version of the MCU seeking help?

Ultron steals the Hulkbuster having left a dormant program of himself in there so we have our reason how he comes back and also a reason why Tony builds another Veronica and why Hulk is present since his other self helped build that particular model... maybe they can throw in a War Machine figure this time?

Not so sure about the Guardians unless its to introduce Thanos for DI 4.0 maybe?

What do you think?

And yes a Merlin figure is definitely a good addition to Disney Infinity!

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby InfinityApprentice » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:51 pm

I personally don't see why they wouldn't include a villain in a play set pack. I think it really depends on what characters are available for that story. If Pirates of the Caribbean had been a stand-alone play set (instead of being included with the start pack) either Davy Jones or Hector Barbossa would have been included with Jack Sparrow. If there was a Star Wars Rebels play set, I could see Hera and an Inquisitor or Agent Callus being included. And I could especially seeing including a hero/villain in a Marvel play set. I don't know if it's likely, but I don't think it's off the table either.

@vynsane The one male/one female play sets are something they started for 3.0, which I really appreciate. Although it's too bad they didn't do that for 2.0, because then we probably would've had White Tiger for the Spider-Man play set. :(

Merlin! Merlin! Merlin! Merlin!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:57 pm

@InfinityApprentice, Actually, they started the one male one female character per pack from 1.0. They included Jessie instead of Woody in the Toy Story pack and Holley instead of Mater or Franscesco in the Cars playset. The Lone Ranger play set didn't include a female because there wasn't one to include. I think they decide who is in the playset as a whole before they decide who's in the pack and if there's a female in the playset they put her in the pack. So they have been doing this since 1.0, and they did it in 2.0 with Avengers and GOTG but Spider-Man didn't have any so... ;)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:13 pm

@Infinityfan I seem to recall JV saying on a live stream they made sure to do it in 3.0 because of the strong female fan base, but I could be incorrect on that. I think before it was based a little more on sales numbers (Most people would probably want Lightning and Mater, so they were split up to increase sales, etc). And some play sets didn't even get female characters because there really weren't any major characters to add (like Monsters University) or there was a female character, they just didn't chose to include them (like with Pirates of the Caribbean). But I'm glad it's something they're doing now. :)

And while I like Holley, and Francesco is okay, I wish Sally and Doc Hudson had been included instead...
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys