Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby Infinityfan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Just edited mine to add Rex! ;) @MTM!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks!
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby fdanielix » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Rex was in my wishlist until I realized he was going to be an NPC
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:48 am

Big Hero 6 Play Set
Honey Lemon
Go Go
Wasabi
Callaghan (He would basically have the same attacks as Hiro)

Wreck-It Ralph Play Set
Fix It Felix Jr.
Calhoun
King Candy (and a Turbo costume)

Nightmare Before Christmas Play Set
Sally
Oogie Boogie
Lock
Shock
Barrel

Up Play Set
Dug
Russel
Mr. Fredrickson
Charles Muntz

TRON Play Set
Tron
Kevin Flynn
Clu

Wall-E Play Set
Wall-E
Eve

Phineas and Ferb Play Set
Dr. Doof
Ferb
Candace

Gravity Falls Play Set
Dipper
Mable
Grunkle Stan
Gideon
Bill

Characters that would be in existing play sets
Butch Cavendish
Frozone
Finn McMissile
Zurg

Toy Box Characters
Dusty Crophopper
Aurora
Goofy
Iron Patriot
Indiana Jones
Winter Soldier
Peter Pan
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:07 pm

So I decided to test myself a bit. Usually, when making a wish list, I tend to combine what I really want in the game with what I think deserves to be in the game, even if I don't tremendously want them on a personal level. So I decided to make a list of characters that I feel are both highly deserving and that rank really high on my personal wishlist. I'll also give them a bit of a playstyle idea, as well, in addition to personal notes about them that I feel are interesting to their odds. So here they are: All Seventeen of them.

Number One: Quasimodo

Easily my most wanted character by far. Sadly though, The Hunchback of Notre Dame only ranks slightly below The Rescuers Down Under as far as the most forgotten Renaissance movie, and the former at least has the excuse of being a (really good) sequel. It has not one bit of content in either version of Infinity. But maybe that will change! Quasimodo's biggest chance, in my opinion, is 4.0, as that will be right at Hunchback's 20th anniversary. Maybe they'd want to celebrate it. We can only hope.

For gameplay, Quasimodo would be able to Wall Crawl, given his penchant for scaling Notre Dame. His Pack move would be swinging his incredibly strong arms, and can be upgraded further to include a leaping swing. For his Tool ability, Quasi can pull out a mid-sized bell, ring it, and produce harmful sound waves from it as a projectile move. His Super Move could involve leaping up and grabbing Big Marie's rope, ringing the giant bell. The bell itself falls afterwards for physical damage to those in the way, if there are any left after the sound damage.

Number Two: Goofy

Goofy loses only to Quasimodo as my most wanted. He was always my favorite of the trio, after all. I'd honestly say he's a shoo-in for 3.0...if it weren't for Minnie being on the survey instead of him. That makes it a toss up, in my opinion. If he does miss out on 3.0, I definitely think he's a shoo-in for 4.0. He's a Disney Mascot, after all.

For his playstyle, I see a set of comical attacks dealing with his clumsiness. For his Pack ability, he could start to trip, waving his arms about trying to catch himself, hurting the foes, followed by him stumbling into foes, and then flying up in the air and falling on them as a finisher. Things like that. For his tool, you say? He uses his Fishing Rod. Fishing has always been a big part of Goofy's character. Many of the old shorts, like the one with Wilbur the cricket, show him as an avid fisherman...dog. Even "A Goofy Movie," a criminally underrated gem from 1995, plays on his fishing abilities. Goofy would shoot out his rod and hook the foes, acting like Anna's climbing hook and Mrs. Incredible's arm stretch move. His Super Move, likewise, would be The Perfect Cast, weaponized for Infinity. As each enemy in the range is hooked on, they stay attached, knocking out others who are hit. The final cast is the finishing part, which also sends the hooked foes flying.

As an interesting note, 3.0 will be released in 2015, the twentieth anniversary of A Goofy Movie.

Number Three: Winnie the Pooh

Honestly, I'm just surprised this hasn't happened yet. Pooh is one of those "evergreen" Disney franchises that never tires, like Tinker Bell and Stitch. At times, Pooh merchandise has outsold those of Mickey and Friends. Maybe 3.0 will finally see the arrival of the Silly Old Bear. 2.0 saw the addition of a few INterior items, like the honey pots.

In game, Pooh's pack ability would be these kind of playful rolls, referencing his pretty sweet and docile nature. The interesting aspect of his playstyle comes with his tool: honey, or "Hunny" as he calls it. Pooh takes out a hunny pot and tosses a glob of honey. If it hits the ground, any foe that steps in it will slow down due to the stickiness. If it hits a foe, though, a swarm of bees will attack them. This gives Pooh a true attack despite his pacifistic nature. It's been said that if more than one character can use an ability, it has a better chance of being included. For example, maybe they can reuse this for Tiana with a gumbo move. Therefore, it justifies the odd nature of the move. Pooh's Super Move summons Heffalumps and Woozles (who were attracted by his hunny). Their chaotic nature attacks all foes in range.

As a note, Pooh also has a latent ability: he has the most health in the game, due to his durability. After all, if he tears, he can just sew himself back together. However, he is also among the slowest of the cast.

Number Four: Baloo

It's kind of interesting, really. The Jungle Book, even after all these years, still ranks as many people's favorite Disney movie. It's definitely a fun and memorable flick. And even then, Baloo remains the most popular character from it, even more so than the main character Mowgli! Maybe it's the song. Maybe it was his personality. Maybe it was TaleSpin. Whatever it was, Baloo remains popular. And 2.0 included quite a bit of Jungle Book stuff, including Louie's throne in the Interior, as well as his Temple and an event disc. Additionally, it got a skydome and terrain. Interestingly, it's known as BALOO'S Jungle. Baloo also got a townsperson. Probably the most promising, though, is that Baloo was included on the survey for characters for 3.0.

Gameplay-wise, Baloo could be a close range threat, as a bear should. Huge and lumbering swinging attacks from his claws would be his pack move. His tool has two options. One option could be a roar attack, like others in the roster. The other would be a pawpaw or coconut toss. Baloo would casually toss these heavy fruits, damaging the opponent. A devastating projectile on par with the blunderbuss in power, but moves quite slowly and has a bit of end lag. His Super Move would involve him uprooting a tree, scratching his back with it, and then swinging it around a bit, destroying enemies in the way.

Number Five: Alice

Alice in Wonderland remains, again, one of the more popular Disney movies, even in the wake of the live action versions. Speaking of which, I should specify: My wishlist includes the 1951 version of Alice. The rather dull 2010 version just doesn't cut it for me. As well, Alice in Wonderland has a plethora of Infinity content, including power discs, Tulgey Wood terrain and sky, songs, and a ride vehicle, to name a few. It reminds me of how 1.0 had quite a bit of Aladdin content before his arrival. Maybe the same can be for Alice? As well, the movie is ripe with playset potential as well.

In-game, Alice would have a few options. Uniquely, she has a built-in glide pack of sorts. If you attempt to Street Spike in the air, but double tap instead, it activates. Alice's dress puffs out and slows her descent, rather like Princess Peach of the Super Mario series. Alternatively, it can be mapped to her jump button if held. Her pack attack would involve girlish slaps at first, but as it is upgraded, she finishes the string off with whacking the foe with a Flamingo Mallet. Her tool ability could involve shooting croquet balls at foes. Finally, her Super Move. Alice eats a mushroom and grows huge. Now, for a limited time, all of her attacks have more range and are essentially one hit knockouts. She's also immune to hitstun at this size, though she will still take minor damage.

Number Six: Mad Hatter

Also hailing from Wonderland, the Mad Hatter remains quite the popular character. Like Alice, he'd be the 1951 version. After all, we don't need Johnny Depth. Get it? Because depth is the third dimension, and he'd be the third Depp character? No? Tough crowd. Regardless, all sentiments regarding Alice's likelihood would also apply to the Mad Hatter.

In the game, the Hatter would use silly slaps and whacks for his pack move, and as it's upgraded, he finishes it off by pouring tea on them. For his tool, he once again pulls out a tea pot, which launches a stream of boiling tea in a scalding stream toward the foes. His Super Move would be A Very Merry Unbirthday. The March Hare and the Doormouse would appear with a giant cake and set it down before disappearing. The Hatter then shouts, "A VERY Merry Unbirthday to YOU!" as the cake explodes, sending globs of cake raining down on foes.

Number Seven: Peter Pan

Peter Pan remains one of Disney's most iconic characters that most people can quickly identify. Humorously, he actually appeared in 2.0, with his Shadow being in the Darling residence in the Toy Box Treasure Hunt. There's lots of Peter Pan content, such as the Darling House and a skydome and terrain set, as well as music and the Jolly Roger. Tinker Bell also appears as a playable character, taking inspiration from her spin off series.

His pack ability would of course be his dagger fighting. It's iconic to his character as his weapon of choice. After all, if Drax uses what can basically equate to giant knives in-game, I see no problem with Avalanche giving Pan his iconic dagger. His tool is rather unique. He has his shadow go along the ground to hit the foes from below as it extends outwards! Like the explanation for Pooh states, if another character can use this, then it becomes more likely. For example, Dr. Facilier could also use a similar move, which, when combined with the Pooh scenario, also gives The Princess and the Frog two characters. Just thought that was an interesting fact. In addition, Peter Pan of course has the ability to fly. His Super Move starts by Pan giving a rooster crow. Then, Tick Tock the Crocodile emerges, complete with his iconic theme, and attacks nearby foes.

Number Eight: Mulan

Mulan was bar none one of the most anticipated 2.0 characters for many people. There were so many things pointing to her potential inclusion. A strong female included, "more princesses to come," a dragon cannon power disc, a sky and terrain, and some set pieces, like the Fireworks Tower. Now, though, it seems the team may have noticed this, as Mulan was listed on the character survey this time around.

Her pack moves would start out as close combat martial arts moves, with a finisher involving a sword. Her tool ability would be her dragon cannon, essentially acting as a rocket launcher. Finally, her finisher involves calling out Mushu, who has a giant firework strapped to his back. If it hits a foe, it explodes, Mushu flies off and disappears, and the blast takes out all enemies in the way.

Number Nine: The Beast

The Beast has always been a popular request. Beauty and the Beast has always been a popular movie. It's the perfect storm for 2.0, so to speak. There wasn't much for the series in 1.0, with only Phillipe as a mount. But 2.0 changed all of that, giving the movie TONS of stuff, mainly in the INteriors. I think it's the Disney series that got the most INterior love, barring maybe Aladdin.

In-Game, the Beast could have a scare/roar move for a tool, and rapid and feral slashes as a pack. He'd be a savage brute when fighting, fitting his style from the film. For his Super Move, the Beast would go into a berserk state and rapidly maul the foe.

Number Ten: Belle

Can't leave out the Disney Princesses. When it comes to Belle, she's among the most popular of them. Combine that with the prominence of the series, as mentioned in the Beast's section, and the combination of Belle and the Beast just makes perfect sense. Some may say that she would have to be stretched too far to make sense in combat, but that didn't stop Jasmine or Anna. Belle is notoriously resourceful, so I'd think she'd be able to hold her own in a fight.

Her pack ability would mainly consist of swift kicks. A finisher would involve her pulling out the mirror to blow back foes with its sparks. Similarly, her tool ability also utilizes the mirror, which charges up a magical aura, and then shoots it out in a shocking beam. Her Super Move quickly calls in Maurice's wood chopper to hack at foes.

Number Eleven: Hercules

Hercules is an interesting one. I feel like this movie has gotten more popular over time. If that one poll is anything to go by, people here certainly love him. Hercules has a couple of things in the game. Off the top of my head, there's Zeus's Thunderbolts and the Star Chart. Not the most likely for 3.0, but definitely someone to keep an eye out for! Plus, this guy was made for combat.

Hercules would do a combination of heavy sword swings and strong punches for his pack ability. Being super strong also lets him pick up heavy objects. His tool ability would be a Bow (as seen in Zero to Hero). His Super Move would be throwing his sword in a circular motion, like in the ending of One Last Hope. Works perfectly for a Super Move in this game. Herc has lots of options, making him a good pick, in my opinion.

Number Twelve: Simba

Simba seems like an obvious choice. Popular character from an EXTREMELY popular movie. The Lion King remains, well, King of the Disney films to many people around the world. All is in line for Simba...except one thing. They're having problems with four legged characters. However, this means one thing: they're TRYING to make those characters. I view Simba as a shoo-in...whenever they fix that issue. The Lion King also has a skydome and terrain, as well as Pride Rock, in game.

Combat-wise, Simba is a beast. He, of course, would have a roar as his tool. It's only fitting for a lion. His pack would involve swatting and biting the foe, and a finisher involves a leaping pounce. He fights like a lion should. His Super Move is King of Pride Rock, where the sun shines down on him from above, forming a large, natural spotlight. Simba then roars extremely loud, as Mufasa is heard from above saying "Remember...who you are." Any foe caught in this circle of...light will be seriously damaged, if not outright destroyed. Long live the king!

Number Thirteen: Pinocchio

Pinocchio, according to numerous sources online, is considered by many to be among the likes of BatB, Fantasia, and The Lion King as Disney's best. It's theme song effectively became the theme song of the company itself. Pinocchio also remains a popular character, though not necessarily for Infinity, for some reason. As another note, I can also see Jiminy Cricket getting in, but I just wanted to limit the list a bit here. :P

His pack ability would consist of spinning around and hitting opponents with his arms and legs, finishing off with his nose growing and hitting the foes. His tool ability actually takes inspiration from Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Pinocchio pulls out a bag of saw dust and tosses it at the foe, which explodes into a burst of wood shavings, disorienting and damaging the foe. For a Super Move, Pinocchio's nose grows to an enormous size. He spins around, knocking out any foe inside the radius. At the end of the move, his nose returns to normal size.

Number Fourteen: Kermit the Frog

The Muppets has been asking for a full on playset for quite a while. Fozzie, Ms. Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, and of course, Kermit. Kermit has more star power than many of the characters already in the game, so the question of him selling would be a non issue. Most of the Muppet content in the game so far involves vehicles, such as the Electric Mayhem bus, the Interpol car, and the SS Swinetrek.

Kermit would utilize a quirky set of moves. He, being a frog, would jump extremely high. As a pack ability, Kermit does his iconic "flail about in random directions" thing, due to him being a puppet, hitting foes along the way. His tool ability would involve him strumming his banjo, as the sound wave disorients foes. He IS a performer at heart. Finally, his Super Move is Rainbow Connection. After strumming a few iconic opening chords, rainbows emerge and hit foes in many directions.

Number Fifteen: WALL-E

WALL-E is an interesting case. It's a very popular movie, and has quite a bit of things in game, including a sky and terrain, the fire extinguisher, and some INterior items. WALL-E has always been a pretty popular request for a character, and was included in the 2.0 survey. While he undoubtedly did well, he did not make it into 2.0, unlike the other Disney characters. My personal theory is that they are, in fact, saving him for 3.0 Star Wars edition, due to the space theme. I think he stands a great shot for 3.0 for this reason.

For attacks, WALL-E's pack involves ramming into foes and attempting to compact them. For his tool, he shoots out garbage blocks that explode on impact. As a Super Move, WALL-E knocks over a mountain of garbage that engulfs foes.

Number Sixteen: Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad is a quirky character. On this forum, he actually has a surprising amount of popularity as well. Today, though, he's undoubtedly the most obscure character on this list, with most people nowadays only knowing him through the Disneyland and late-Disney World ride. That being said, he has a surprising amount of Infinity content, with his motor car as a power disc and his portrait as an INterior item. I could see him being added as a surprise addition somewhere farther down the road, but realistically, his chances don't seem good for 3.0.

Mr. Toad would jump high, like Kermit, and use fancy kicks and leaps in his pack ability. For a tool, he'd throw paper airplanes, which loop once before heading straight forward. His super move summons Cyril, who bucks and brays at nearby foes while Toad holds on.

Number Seventeen: Darth Vader

Rounding out the list is Darth Vader: ie, the only true 3.0 Shoo-In here. One of the most iconic fictional characters in history, not much needs to be said here. He was also on the 3.0 survey, and I believe the 2.0 one as well.

His combat would be quite fun. For his tool, he sadly can't use force lightning, as I found out. Instead, he'd use the force to pick up nearby objects and launch them at foes. His pack, of course, would be his red light saber. Finally, his super move is the Force Choke. He picks up one nearby foe, and then sends them in a circular path knocking out the other foes in his way, using the captive as a living projectile.

That brings an end to my list. I'd love to hear people's thoughts. :D
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy

Postby Vidia » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:38 pm

^ Can I just say that Alice moveset is pretty much perfect? Using her dress to float like Princess Peach had never occurred to me, but it makes perfect sense! I also love the idea of her super move being growing large.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby OpossumGuy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:59 am

Thanks, Vidia! :D Glad you liked it.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:33 am

Wall e - throws blocks of garbage as a weapon

Simba (cub) roars or claws in fights

Simba variant (adult)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lisor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:42 pm

@OpossumGuy I like how you have detailed ideas about all the characters and that you picked the classics.

In general it's fun to see that a lot of people want to see gravity falls figures. I started watching Gravity Falls because it was coming to Disney Infinity and I love it, so I wouldn't mind that as well. Before DI 2.0 I had no idea what gravity falls was.

rank_0
Lisor
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys