Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby BandAid » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:37 pm

I for one would definitely be willing to pay a premium to be in a Collector's club. (Assuming power discs and figures are some of the contents)

rank_50
BandAid
Main Console: PS4

Postby Gillbob316 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 am

I like the -idea- of a collector's club, and would totally buy into it, because I'm a completionist-type collector... and I'm pretty much already all in on this franchise... THAT said...

What makes it not seem feasible to me, is the video game end of it.

If these were just figurines, they could do it easily, and would probably have much more motivation to do it. The fact however, that each one has to be a fully functioning and completely implemented game character, is what stops the idea cold. From a development point of view, Avalanche would have to do just as much work for the collector's club figures as the would for every/any other figure... and since it's a smaller scale, more specialty, limited time release, they're not even drawing the same amount of mass longterm profits as a typical figure.

I can't see where they'd want to use game development time making a series of 12 figures that only a select few people who sign up for this service would ever own.

THOUGH... I won't say it's impossible. Just seems very unlikely. As much as I'd like to see more classic Disney/niche characters... that aren't from modern 3D movies... it seems like a longshot.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby LittleBabyBlue » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:00 am

I'm against a collectors club for one reason, ROW. Things like these are always restricted to a few countries, so great if you're american, buhuu if you're ROW.

rank_100
LittleBabyBlue
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Mason_Ireton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:20 pm

Pleased to know that Pan went from Wish to reality, can't wait for this figure

Now I'm hoping for Baloo, Kim Possible (somewhat official) and Walt's/Burton's Alice to arrive as well

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:14 pm

@Gillbob316 and @LittleBabyBlue, you both make very good points. I guess it's just a case of me wishing for a mix of both popular classic Disney characters and obscure Disney characters.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby GuyCC75 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:46 pm

I do wish that the non-movie tied characters would be better spaced out. The modern film tie-ins are a gamble. They should be done, but we don't know if we like them until the movie drops, and they don't get playsets anyway, which somewhat diminishes the immersion in their worlds. No Good Dinosaur or Zootopia, same as no Big Hero 6, same as no Frozen or Wreck-It Ralph. Each one of those could have been just fine as playsets.

I thought the line-up in 2.0 really covered a good range of requested characters. 3.0 is... mixed. A few good choices (like the Tron folk, which should have been in 2.0 like the PC version), classic Mickey and Minnie....

But it wasn't as diverse as 2.0's small selection. I just want some classic animated Disney playsets at this point.

I still hope for some Disney Afternoon representation, the rest of "Mickey and Friends", the rest of the "Renaissance" '90's films, Walt's era, Muppets, and even some theme park people like Figment or Captain EO.

3.0 is GREATLY improved, but it still has a few rough edges that could afford to be ironed out.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:48 am

@frozenstar Back up the (figurative) boat! Has it really been 14 years since Finding Nemo?! :O

I know that producing so many figures would be difficult, but I would still totally sign up for a collectors club just for power discs. :)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Frozenstar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 am

@InfinityApprentice Well the way I wrote the playset idea was like in 2016 when the next DI game is coming. This year it's been 13 years since Finding Nemo came out and next year 2016 with the release of Finding Dory it will be 14 years gap between Finding Nemo and Finding Dory. By the way what did you think about the request/idea

@80sDuckFan I will do so, Do you think I should share the request somewhere else as well, like reddit or tumblr.
I love animation

rank_100_ftb
Frozenstar
PSN ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:22 pm

@Frozenstar I just know that Disney has screeners that filter out people pitching ideas through email, letters, phone calls, social media, etc. It's a legal thing to make sure people aren't suing for compensation on alleged "stolen ideas". Let's say you wrote a letter requesting that Disney release something obscure like The Wuzzles to DVD. If you just simply request it they will take note of it and forward it to the correct department. However if you start pitching a new idea, like maybe a Wuzzles reboot or a something else original, they automatically shred your letter and your request doesn't see the light of day.

Avalanche and Disney Interactive are open to requests (e.g. Playsets, Figures, etc.), but they can't accept ideas (e.g. this playset should follow this story line and this happens and that happens and then this happens). Their lawyers won't allow it. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately, corporations are tangled up with with lawyers and legal precautions these days. Just take a look at the King Mickey thread. A lot of people are upset that the King Mickey powerdisc contest is only available to US and Canada. That's all thanks to legal issues.

You're more than welcome to post your ideas wherever you want online. No one's stopping you from doing that. Who knows, maybe an Avalanche employee's imagination might be sparked by your posts. ;)

........and now I want some Wuzzles in DI. :lol:

rank_250
80sDuckFan

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys