Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby jose.abalos » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:26 pm

An Indiana Jones Toy Box figure would be SO cool! :D
Plus, that means we could have the Indiana Jones music theme in the Toy Box. Perfect for temple levels! :D
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby SuperHazman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:06 pm

I think for 3.0 instead of the whole game being themed around Star Wars, it being about all of Lucasfilm! Star Wars playset, Indiana Jones playset and more. I'd so go for a Monkey Island playset! :D
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby SalmonPink » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:46 pm

@FlameChampion267
Why do you say there will never be Roger Rabbit content in DI? Just curious, since it's a long time favourite of mine. (Can't wait for the Funko Pop Vinyls next month!)

I'd pretty much explode if we got a Muppets playset, although I'd still be ecstatic with a Miss Piggy toybox figure. Same with a Fairies playset, especially one where I could play as Vidia or Silvermist, that would be beyond amazing. Ariel is one of my all-time favourites - I know people are hesitant about water-based characters, but I think it would look cool with her 'swimming' by hovering just above the ground as she moves, like the way we'd hold our toys and pretend they were swimming as kids. I could probably spend days listing all the characters I'd like to see, but my biggest desire is for more female characters. I have my fingers crossed for Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Elektra, Jessica Jones and Nebula on the Marvel side of things, any of those would be wonderful.

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby SketchFox7 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm

My biggest thing about Star Wars is that I think that each movie is big enough to warrant a play set but I think that each trilogy will get a play set (Original/Classic trilogy & prequel trilogy) and then Episode VII, but Lucasfilm could still work too if we got 3 Star Wars play sets & an Indiana Jones play set, don't know if they'd do a Monkey Island play set, lol. Also I'd love an Indiana Jones play set, but I could see them doing 3.0 around Star Wars with an Indiana Jones toy box figure along with a bunch of Indiana Jones discs, toy box toys/items and toy box game/adventure discs, depends if they decide if there's other characters that they feel are as deserving as Indy to get a figure. Which I believe there are, but I could see Disney doing just my latter idea. As for Star Wars, there are just way too many iconic characters imo to push the entirety of the 7 main movies into one play set, Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Boba Fett, Chewbacca & Lando from the original trilogy are just a few suggestions, C-3PO & R2-D2 could be as well but I more see them as sidekick discs like Iron Patriot & Winter Soldier, Storm Troopers as the common enemy type. Anakin, Obi Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Padme, Grievous, even Jar Jar, lol, from the prequel trilogy, Droids as the common enemy types. Also the likes of Emperor Palpatine & Yoda who could fit into either one. That's not even mentioning the brand new Episode VII which will surely get it's own play set to advertise the new movie releasing at the end of 2015 with all of it's brand new characters. Btw, forgive me if I forgot any major Star Wars characters, lol. Also let's not forget about the very successful Clone Wars show and the upcoming Star Wars Rebels show that could also get some kind of representation in a Star Wars Disney Infinity. All in all, I think Star Wars is just way too big to be crammed into a Lucasfilm themed one that would end up being labeled "Star Wars with a little Indiana Jones thrown in" anyways, lol. Also if Donald is indeed in 2.0, I definitely think that Goofy will make it into 3.0, now for how he'll look... we'll have to wait and see what Donald looks like before I could even begin to guess that.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Don't forget that the developers make up their own stories set in the worlds of the franchises and don't totally follow movie/show plotlines.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby SuperHazman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

@SalmonPink

If you want Elektra in 2.0, here are two links to two forums that give evidence for Elektra in 2.0. :)

Elektra in D.I 2.0 Edition? | viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8382#sthash.zjycJ4E2.dpbs
Elektra and Daredevil in D.I 2.0: An Open Letter | http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8853&p=98675#p98675
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby SketchFox7 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:39 am

Unorthodox Wishlist picks!
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go & American Dragon Jake Long (Season 2)!
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby JimboJones » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Some quick thoughts on what 3.0 might look like.

It's pretty clear it will be Star Wars based, so if it follows the same formula 2.0 is doing, this is what we will get.

Original Trilogy: Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C3PO, R2D2, Darth Vader (I think they'll have R2 and 3PO because they are so iconic to the entire franchise and if you're making toys of the original trilogy, people want to collect them all.)
Star Wars Rebels: Kanun, Ezra, Zeb, Sabine, Hera, Inquisitor (Had to check up the characters in this show)
Star Wars Ep 7: Whatever 6-7 characters are the main ones (excluding old Luke, Leia and Han, which could be costumes or skins or whatever)

Then for Marvel

Age of Ultron: Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Ultron

And the rest of the figures

Antman
Character/s from Inside Out
George Clooney from Tomorrowland
Cinderella from the new movie
Character from The Good Dinosaur (probably not the dinosaur, but the kid)
A couple more princesses
Wall-E + Eve
Remy from Ratatouille

At some point Disney will need to come out with a version of Infinity that will include animal-based characters that aren't humanoid. Since Finding Dory comes out in 2016, I imagine this might happen in a further sequel, but since Star Wars will be the clear focus, they'll probably leave it out of this one.
JimboJones

Postby tabaer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:30 pm

@JimboJones don't forget Goofy.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys