Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 figure speculation

Postby Tterboman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:01 am

Given that Avengers 2: Age of Ultron is due out in May of next year. I'd guess a set of figures involving that film are inevitable.

Namely, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and possibly The Vision and Ultron. It would make too much marketing sense for them not to do a tie in.
Can't Emperor's New Groove at least get a power disc? :)

rank_0
Tterboman
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Razgriz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:12 am

Do we know if any more Marvel characters are coming or not?

rank_100
Razgriz
Main Console: PS4

Postby DizExplorer03 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:14 am

Other than the ones that were already announced, nope. Sorry.

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OswaldTheLuckyRabbit » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:26 am

I always thought the storm sequence in the Cars Playset seemed random and wondered if they used it as a way to keep the cool storm skydome in the game. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the cyclone from that skydome was originally meant for an Oz skydome. It looks just like the twister from that movie.

rank_0
OswaldTheLuckyRabbit

Postby MightyGitis » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:39 am

@razgriz So far there is nothin Pocahontas that I'm aware of. I would enjoy Pocohantas as I feel she gets ignored a lot.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Razgriz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 am

Yeah I would like her as well, im just wanting to eliminate her from my mind to feel better about Mulan happening though.
As great as the character is I think they would have something if they are toybox only.
I can maybe see Alice being on that same level as well.
Lion King, etc having stuff but no figures is understandable imo.

Mulan being my favorite female Disney character, one who doesn't get enough love at that.
For me she is a must have especially with all her stuff in the game now it would be a major disappointment if it didn't happen.

I already have Woody who is my absolute favorite Disney character and Captain Jack as another big favorite.
So If we got Mulan every character from here to Disney Infinity 5+ are icing on the cake.

After Mulan the only unlikely character I would need is Flynn Rider(but that priority is wayyyy lower).

rank_100
Razgriz

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:12 am

There actually was a playset piece themed to Pocahontas: the willow tree. It had a small pond connected to it, with trails of leaves flying through the air.

That being said, there is still a lot more Mulan themed items, but then again we have a lot of items that go to characters not included. BUT, since there is only 1 Pocahontas themed item, makes me feel like it could be for a reason...
Either way I'd say we can narrow it down to one of the two.

We're also still waiting on at least two unannounced Marvel characters, but I think at this point we will all find out who the missing characters are through the Hall of Heroes before there are any more announcements or trailers.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Razgriz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:19 am

Any chance they try to cover it up this year somehow? Not have the full character data in the game at launch or something.
I mean they have been revealing stuff at a decent/good pace but some recent interviews they say something like "more to be announced in the coming months"
If those characters get revealed on launch less than a month from now then what is the point?

rank_100
Razgriz

Disney Infinity 2.0 figure speculation

Postby MightyGitis » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:36 am

@JustMCredible I didn't notice that new set piece! That's kinda cool but probably you are right not enough to indicate Pocahontas in 2.0. We just didn't have enough time at summit to look at everything AND build a presentable level for the showcase.

@razgriz I'm not sure what they could do to prevent people from data mining the disc once the game is released. In theory they could leave data off the disc but then it requires everyone to be online to download additional data for the unannounced figures to work. I'm always surprised at the number of players who play on offline consoles but there are enough who do they would probably hesitate to make it so that a download was required. But anything is possible.

More likely we will see more announced between now and launch and then quickly after before the disc data gets splattered across the internet.

I said in another thread that they were adding Toy Box previews for new characters about every other week. This week we finally got the official Baymax and Hiro one. Now we really don't know what the next one is. But next week or week after I hope to see an announcement.

And then as @JustNCredible pointed out the Hall of Heroes will probably spill the rest of the beans.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys