Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby BandAid » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:41 pm

My true wishlist would go on and on, so I've decided to only list figures and playsets for 3.0. Some of this is based on desire, but mix in some element of what I think will happen.

STAR WARS - We all know it's coming, but I don't want 3.0 to be as Star Wars-centric as 2.0 was Marvel. So I limited my choices to 12 with their movie episodes in parentheses:

1. Darth Maul (I)
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (III)
3. Darth Vader (IV)
4. Han Solo (IV)
5. Luke Skywalker (IV)
6. Princess Leia (IV)
7. Chewbacca (IV)
8. The Emperor (VI)
9. Ezra (Rebels)
10. Zeb (Rebels)
11. New Character from VII
12. New Character from VII

With selections 9-12, I figured they would want some tie-in with their new programs, which is why I included two characters from "Rebels" and two from "The Force Awakens." There are really so many Star Wars characters I want that the list go on forever. I don't even have Bobba Fett, Yoda, Lando, or Mace Windu on this list! I have many ideas of how to do Star Wars playsets, but ultimately I trust the developers to come up with something great here.

I figure they will continue to build upon the Marvel collection, so I'd like to see these Marvel characters in 3.0:

13. Ant-Man
14. Yellowjacket
15. Agent Peggy Carter
16. The Winter Soldier
17. Red Skull

I know "Avengers: Ultron" is coming out, so I'd be stupefied if he isn't in the lineup, but I'd rather have these characters because with them you can have new playsets. Ant-Man and Yellowjacket can be an "Ant-Man" playset. Red Skull and The Winter Soldier can be a "Captain America" playset. Peggy Carter would be a crossover character that could play in either. If they can retro-fit 2.0 characters into 3.0 playsets, then Falcon and Captain America would be in the "Captain America" playset. (In fact, the "Captain America" playset would only make sense if you could bring Captain America into it.

This would leave about 13 spots for Originals to round out a Disney 3.0 with 30 characters. These are sorted by my level of desire, and I think you'll see that most of them could be turned into a playset or toybox game disc. The character is on the left, their origin is on the right.

18. Goofy - you know, Mickey's tall friend
19. Fredzilla - Big Hero 6
20. Yokai - Big Hero 6
(Playset with 2.0 Hiro and BayMax included? Yes, please.)
21. Wall-E - Wall-E
22. EVE - Wall-E
23. Mulan - Mulan
24. Mushu - Mulan
25. Balloo - The Jungle Book
26. CLU - Tron: Legacy
27. TRON - Tron
28. Robin Hood - Robin Hood
29. Maid Marian - Robin Hood
30. Prince John - Robin Hood (and he comes with thumb sucking and mirror smashing power!)

Then the last two are really 2.0 characters, but I really, really want them. I was introduced to Infinity by my brother who is going through a lot of health things. I've had to complete nearly all of our collection by myself since his money is getting sucked up by medical bills. He was adamant that he would buy the TRON characters. Even if I bought them for our collection, he'd still buy a pair for himself. It would mean a lot to us to have them as figurines.

31. Sam Flynn - Tron: Legacy
32. Quorra - Tron: Legacy

And that, would be my 3.0 dream team.

On second thought, scratch the Robin Hood characters. I'd rather have Kuzco, Yzma, and Kronk from "The Emperor's New Groove." In fact I'd put those three above Mulan.

rank_50
BandAid
Main Console: PS4

Postby PixelatedAwsomeness » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Dodger and Oliver should are perfect for the game as they began the disney renaissance and in 2018 the film turns 30 I think they should begin adding characters to tie in with a films aniversary(for example the lion king could be this year and Pocahontas in 4.0 and hunchback in 5.0 but by then we should have a lot of character space and updates to add new characters so we could have Oliver and dodger in 5.0(or 6.0 if they go further)in an update
I can go the distance-hercules

rank_0
PixelatedAwsomeness
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby bleu4ever » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Im really hoping for the disney characters for it to be a bit more classic characters we grew up with and love and a few newer ones we have come to love

1. Dipper Pines! (Gravity Falls) I've been wanting to see gravity falls in the game since day one and was very dissapointed when they didnt add then in 2.0 so im really hoping they dont make the same mistake with 3.0
I think dipper could be an amazing character using magic from his journal and summoning creatures

2. Mabel Pines (Gravity falls)
I think mabel could make an amazing character using her grappling hook and love potions she could be amazing, so PLS DISNEY INFINITY TEAM pls put in gravity falls :)

3.Wall-E (wall-e)
I think wall-e could make an amazing disney infinity character he could be like the cars characters but being able to hold things and use items and packs! Plus he would tie in well with the galactic star wars theme of 3.0

3.Peter Pan (peter pan)
When tinkerbell was added and not Peter I was super dissapointed because Peter pan would have made a perfect addition to the game so im really hoping he comes in at 3.0
He could fly and use his dagger and pixie dust magic :)

4. Scrooge Mcduck (ducktales)
He could be amazing he could use his pogo stick to attack and jump on people!

5. Goofy (disney)
What is mickey and donald without Goofy!?

6.Baloo (jungle book)
I would love to see the classic disney baloo in the game he could team up with mowgli like hiro and baymax

7.Mowgli (jungle book)
He could be great and a great classic addition to disney infinity

8.Pinocchio (pinocchio)
I would love to see pinocchio in the toy box he could have special wood abilities and spin his body and hit people I would love to see him!

9.Tarzan (tarzan)
Tarzan could be great in this game he could swing like spiderman and fight like black widow

10. Remy (ratatouille)
I mean if tinkerbell can be in the and buzz and woody, so can remy
I think he would be amazing he could climb walls like stitch, fight with kitchen tools and he could come with a kitchen skydome

11. Joy (inside out)
I dont know much about inside out yet but I do know it focuses the most on joy and anger so I would love to see those in the game

12. Anger (inside out)
Again I dont much of him but I do know he can get angry so why not have anger tantrums like donald and fire out of his head

13. Frank walker (tomorrowland)
I dont know much of him but I am super excited for this movie and as it is futuristic it might tie in well with the whole star wars scifi theme, I do know he has a jetpack so he could use it to fly around in the toy box

14. The girl from tomorrowland (tomorrowland)
All I know is that britt robertson plays her in the new movie and she looks interesting she might be a cool character for the game
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:34 pm

I was actually just thinking about Dipper's possible abilities, too, since I finally got caught up on Gravity Falls.

Using the Journal for some sort of ancient magic attacks could be cool. While I was thinking of this, though, another character that could use something similar came to mind.

In theory, they could do something similar with Milo Thatch and the Shepard's Journal. Have him pull it out and have crystalline Atlantean runes surround him, which then lock on to and shoot out at enemies.

I also blame the fact that I've been playing a lot as Robin in Super Smash Bros, so the tome-style fighting is on my mind, haha. :P
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby 80sDuckFan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:14 pm

With the announcement of a new Ducktales series coming in 2017, this only fuels my desire for a Ducktales play set. Avalanche, please make this happen!

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Vidia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Wait, they're making a new Ducktales series?

That. Is. Awesome.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby 80sDuckFan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Yep. No word on who the showrunners or directors are, but it's coming. I'm hoping that it's in good hands.

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/20 ... s-in-2017/

Initially, Disney Infinity's goal was to be a platform of synergy tying in both old and new franchises. This Ducktales reboot would be a great opportunity for Avalanche to take advantage of BOTH a new brand and a nostalgic property. :)

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Hulkerella » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm feeling a Cinderella tie in coming, 1.0s live action was Lone Ranger and Pirates, 2.0s Maleficent and Guardians, i feel 3.0 will have a disney live action character and Cinderella seems more apt now

rank_100
Hulkerella

Postby wherestron » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Good observation @Hulkarella. I think we will see Star Wars as the main theme for 3.0, along with Disney Classics (which would include Cinderella), and a few extra Marvel. Play Set wise, I suspect the focus will be Star Wars, with Toy Box Tales and Community filling the gaps for the other franchises.

What I hope for most is to have the ability to really take things up a notch with narratives. For example, it would be good to have a Character Voice creativitoy that could generate the various sound bites like "victory 1", "defeat 2", "idle 1", etc. That way I could generate pseudo dialogue using premade Disney audio to complement the text. Similar to the Action Enforcer, but for audio.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys