Question in regards to PS3 issues / character leveling

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Question in regards to PS3 issues / character leveling

Postby Chaotik86 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 pm

I may be totally wrong on this, but I'm under the impression that the figures obtain spins as they level, and are used in the toybox to unlock more toys.

If my figure is leveled a bit, and I've used spins in the toybox, and my saved data becomes corrupted, are you losing those spins?

For instance, if a figure is level 15, and I've used his spins and lost the items due to corrupt save data, does that mean I completely lose those spins?

I may even be totally wrong on how a character holds spins or what leveling truly does, but I haven't been able to do much with the game after the constant lockups and restarts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And to correct what I'm most likely wrong about! Lol!
"Hi, I'm Woody! Howdy howdy howdy!" - Squeaky Shark

rank_50
Chaotik86
Main Console: PS3

Re: Question in regards to PS3 issues / character leveling

Postby klepto » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:33 pm

I suppose the real question is whether the toys retain any memory at all like skylanders? If I've "leveled up" a character and I have spins available, and I take that toy to a friends house can I use the spins there.

Anyone with multiple platforms could answer that for us.

rank_0
klepto
PSN ID:

Postby gndbojo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm

@Chaotik86 - After getting a corrupt save data yesterday, my characters were all coming up as guests. One of them had gotten to level 3 before the data corruption. Once I saw the characters were guests, I noticed that they also were not leveling up, so I quickly looked for a way to take ownership of the character. Once I did that the character was back to level 0. I'm not sure if it works that way every time, but that was my experience. Based on that, I would say that you probably lose those spins as I am guessing that the toy box spins are saved to the profile on the console and not on the character themselves.
Wreck-It Ralph: "When did video games become so violent and scary?"

rank_0
gndbojo

Postby Chaotik86 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:46 pm

@gdnbojo - So the golden stars are what you need in order to use spins, is that correct?

In any case, I plan on holding off playing for now until a fix is in place, and then completely starting over from scratch.
"Hi, I'm Woody! Howdy howdy howdy!" - Squeaky Shark

rank_50
Chaotik86

Postby gndbojo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Yes, the gold stars are used for the spins.

rank_0
gndbojo

Postby D3spard » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Gold stars are like achievements in game. Not once was I able to use my of the stars for spins. Only leveling up was I given a spin or completing mastery missions.

rank_50
D3spard
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby gndbojo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Maybe we are talking about earning different kinds of stars? :? I'm at work, so I can't verify at the moment, but I seem to remember all of my spins being associated to stars. I think the counter telling you how many spins you had even had a star by it.

Also from the Disney Infinity Help/FAQ Page https://infinity.disney.com/help
Sparks, Stars, and Spins!
Collecting Sparks within the Play Sets will help to level up your characters! As you do Missions you will gain Stars. As you get Stars you will be granted spins. You can use your spins in the Toy Box Vault to collect more toys!

rank_0
gndbojo

Postby D3spard » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Stars are like achievements are are represented by a star. Getting one gives you one of the DI coins that infuses they are referring to spins since all they are used for are spins in toybox.

rank_50
D3spard
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys