So does anyone have the Wii U version yet?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: So does anyone have the Wii U version yet?

Postby Spleenzorio » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 pm

@Michjeff to play on the GamePad you can choose it from the game's main screeb or during gameplay if you hit start. The button will show up on the GamePad screen.
Spleenzorio
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 am

I just picked the Wii U version up today and I'm planning to play it tomorrow(I'm too tired to play anything besides Animal Crossing right now), so I'll be reporting my experience with it then.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Maverickx75 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 am

We decided to grab the wii u version over ps3. Best choice ever! Being able to play on game pad while wife watches tv is amazing!
Maverickx75

Postby ethanwa » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 pm

We have the Wii U version as well. Better graphics, Gamepad play, and it works perfect with no issues!

Now if they would just add Pro controller support....

rank_50
ethanwa

Postby lightyear8 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Pro Controller support is coming...

http://disneyinteractivestudios.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4126

I didn't see what all the fuss was about with people complaining about the lack of pro controller support initially, but after playing the game last night for a while I completely understand the desire.

Gamepad support is awesome but the only really big advantage in my book is for Off-Screen play. Other than that I would like to stick to a pro controller. The battery lasts WAY longer which is more conducive to long Toy Box building sessions and I think it would be less confusing for younger kids.

As much as I love the Wii U and Disney Infinity it feels like all the support for the Wii U's unique features were an afterthought and it doesn't really add anything worthwhile to the overall game.

rank_50
lightyear8

Postby FROZOFAN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

I don't see how it was an "after thought"? Disney has been primarily showing the game off using the Wii U and we have known about its features for months. It utilizes the game pad in every way other games have utilized it, off screen play and touchscreen inventory management. What else could they have included that isn't there? I'll admit, the Wii U has not even come close to hitting its full potential in the gaming world, but aside from exclusive titles, why would a company innovate on just one platform when it's marketing it to every platform? I'm happy we got the off screen play as many Wii U games that are ports do not have that feature.

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby DragoMan555 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:55 pm

I think it looks great,
Wii U is BY FAR the best version.
Evar.
"DragoMan555 is TRIPLE Speed!"

rank_100
DragoMan555
NN ID:

Postby lightyear8 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 pm

^^This is exactly why fanboys get a bad wrap.
I love Nintendo. I love the Wii U. It's not perfect, but it's tremendously fun. I bought it on day one and don't regret it a bit. I don't own any other console.
I love Disney Infinity. It's awesome. It's not perfect, but it's tremendously fun. I also bought it on day one and don't regret it one bit.

But neither are perfect and shouldn't be immune to criticism. My criticism, which is just a humble man's opinion, is entirely different from baselessly bad mouthing it.

The inventory on the gamepad screen just replicates what's shown on the main screen which negates any usefulness for it in my opinion.

rank_50
lightyear8

Postby FROZOFAN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

I am by no means a fan boy, and I am not trying to attack your opinion. I'm just curious as to what other design features you were expecting or hoping for? Personally I think using the game pad for inventory is much faster than scrolling through menus on screen.

rank_250
FROZOFAN

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys