3 pack girl power,4 girls?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 3 pack girl power,4 girls?

Postby chriscwest45 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:44 pm

chriscwest45
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 pm

I've not heard anything about Merida, beyond hopeful speculation. It would be awesome if she got a figure, but I think we would have heard at least whispers about her by now if she was being released this year. We'll have to see.

I think the girl pack is something being released for the Christmas market, especially to appeal to girls, so it'll be a combination of already released figures. I'd wager it'll have Rapunzel, Anna, and another female character, most likely Vanellope, rather than anyone completely new. It doesn't make sense to put both Anna and Elsa in it when there's already a pack of them both. Also, I don't know that it'll be good value in the way the sidekick and villain packs are, since you might want to buy Vanellope and Anna in the toy box packs and get the potential extra toy box content from them. I think it's just a Christmas thing, something attractive to parents looking to buy for their kids who may not scour the web for Infinity info like we do. ;)

That said, if there is someone new in there, I imagine she'll also get a separate release. Disney are trying quite hard to fight the accusations of tricking parents out of money that have been thrown their way over the last few months, so having a new figure only available in a pack with two other figures people might already own, forcing people to buy doubles, would fly in the face of that intent. But I just don't know how likely it is we'll see a completely new character.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. There could be a new character. It could be Merida. It could be three new characters. It would probably be the happiest I've ever been to be wrong! :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby Charlee » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I really have doubt that they would release a toy box pack with Anna and elsa then as part of a triple pack without the extras.

Unless the toy box set doesn't come, with the elsa and Anna figures. Interesting to see what it is. Interesting to note we haven't had any info about the Toybox packs yet.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby Wayworn » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 pm

I believe that Vanellope will be in a two pack with Ralph so she would not be in the 3 pack of girls.

rank_100
Wayworn
PSN ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm pretty sure the leaks have suggested that Anna and Elsa and Ralph and Vanellope will be available separately, as well as in the toy box packs. I think Disney are trying to provide a lot of different combinations to appeal to different markets. There's the individual characters for those who only buy their favourites, the toy box packs for completionists who want the toy box content, and the girl pack is potentially something for players who only want to play as female characters. So, for example, if Anna is in the girl pack, you could still buy Elsa separately if you wanted to. Of course, for us we'll all probably be looking at the toy box packs, but not everyone is going to care about or even know about the extra content, plus the three packs are really good value, which will appeal to the Christmas shopping crowd.

But again, it's all speculation on my part. I'm looking forward to hearing more info in the coming months about the new releases. :)

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby Trexroarr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 am

It will most likely contain Anna, Elsa and Rapunzel. They are all princesses and they're movies are made by the same creators with the same animation style. Makes sense to me.
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dmcman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:24 am

I'd imagine it'd include any girls that wouldn't have their own sets (either in a playset, or a separate set like Villains). We don't have official confirmation of what's in the leaked Wreck-It Ralph or Frozen sets, but those are likely Ralph/Vanellope and Elsa/Anna with some other bonus, like a few power discs.

So ignoring those characters as well as any that come in playsets, there's still Violet and Rapunzel... Perhaps another female figure will be released and it just hasn't been announced or leaked yet?
dmcman

Postby Vortimous » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:27 am

I seriously doubt it will be Merida just due to the fact that every video we have seen about the game and toybox, has had every figure that will be releasing this year, up to and including Sorc Mickey in January. I have not once seen her figure either actual figure or in game, yet we have seen every one else that we know is coming out for this year. That makes me believe that it will not be her, unless I missed her all this time....

Which reminds me... the pic at the top of the web page that has the infinity fans.com banner... it appears to have all the starting characters, but a few extra. Is this just for this web site or was this an official pic from the game advertisement. Because they seem to have Mr Gibbs in the pic and a few others that don't seem to be in the game (could be later on I suppose) but was just wondering about that for a few weeks now...
Vortimous

"Winning isn't everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"

rank_100
Vortimous

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:09 am

^ The site banner is a combination of playable figures and NPCs, so you can see a nice example of the characters represented in-game, even if you can't play as all of them. There's actually a thread here that mentions that the Disney Infinity Facebook page previously used the same picture as their cover photo, but since D23 have updated to use a photo of only playable characters and no NPCs, including the newly announced Wave 2 characters.

Back on topic, I really do hope we see Merida in the future, because she would fit beautifully into the action-packed world of Infinity, but I agree we're unlikely to see her this year.

rank_250
SalmonPink

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys