Figure Character Cards

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Figure Character Cards

Postby toops » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:05 am

at :50 in this video it shows that the tree packs come with a single card with all three characters. sad news for those of you that want to collect these.

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby Trexroarr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:14 am

You gotta be kidding me... Guess I'll have to get them all in singles now and pay a bit more... Ugh. I got some serious thinking to do here.

I just realized something. The packaging seems different. Maybe the UK version only has one card but the US version has all three? Well I can hope... lol

Hmm.. Hey, Toops! Think you'd be up for making some custom cards, please? xD
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 am

Well darnit, oh well, it'd be different if I could get all the character cards individually, but the Starter Pack 3 & all the Play Sets come in multiples also and there's no other way to get them. I just guess that my cards won't be displayed with my figures. I'd rather save $10 and have all 3 on one card than spend it just to get three separate cards.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby toops » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 am

@Trexroarr hmm i could give it a go.. i have some from D23 i could use as a template. i'll try one for jack sparrow and we'll see what happens

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Postby SketchFox7 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 am

Keep all this up toops and John V just might have to hire you for Disney Interactive, lol, he did say he lurks the forums every now and then.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby toops » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:54 am

here's a VERY QUICK prototype. if this was a viable thing that people wanted i could spend the time to get a good scan and really take the time to color match and replicate the little white swirly things and make a template at which point i'd only need to swap text and the character image and maybe make up a code for the back. thoughts?

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Postby Trexroarr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:08 am

Woah! That looks amazing! Definitely something I would print out and laminate! If you could seriously do this, then I would really owe you one, big time!

I know it is only a prototype, but if possible, I would make the card larger and I'll explain why. I'm not too sure how familiar you are with Skylanders, but there are some figures called the Sidekicks which never came with cards like every other figure did. Darkspyro of Darkspyro forums (duh lol) went ahead and created custom cards for each figure. Here is a link for a reference.

http://www.darkspyro.net/images/skylanders/custom_sidekicks_small.jpg

As you can see, the cards are quite large. I am not sure how other members of that forum did it, but the way I printed it was like this. First I scanned into my computer the back of one of my Skylander cards. I did this for two reasons; to get the size of the card correct and so that I can place an image of the back next to the image of the front for each card (to be folded over once printed). Because the image of each card was so large, it made it easy to resize each one without having them look blurry or distorted. So the point of all this is that It is always easier to shink something than to enlarge it, but I'm sure you already knew that.

And honestly, instead of a random code for the back of the card, maybe you can make custom ones for members who request it with their own code? All of that through PM of course, so that the code isn't public knowledge. I know I would prefer the card to have my code than just a random one.

Thanks again for doing this, Toops. You're the best! :D
Collection

rank_250
Trexroarr
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby toops » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 am

oh i know it was small on purpose ;) . if i were to do them i'm do em right. 300dpi etc etc. this was just a sample to show it could be done. yeah i'd be ok with using the code you got from the card and whatnot. if someone here has a nice scanner and a card to scan for me please pm me otherwise i'll do it myself sometime next week.

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Postby Trexroarr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:17 am

Ah, got'cha! Yeah that sounds great! Guess its back to my original plan of buying the triple packs to save the money! xD

I have a pretty good scanner. Unfortunately I won't have any cards to scan to send to you until Sunday when the game is released. The best I can do right now, is send you a Skylanders card (which I believe is the exact same size), if that helps you at all.
Collection

rank_250
Trexroarr
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys