WiiU vs PS3 vs XBOX

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

WiiU vs PS3 vs XBOX

Postby AlexMaldonado » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:05 pm

We own all 3 consoles and I'm trying to figure out which one to purchase it for. My kids play the WiiU & PS3 the most. Where can I find a feature comparison for the systems and any advice on what pros or cons one may offer.

Will the WiiU Gamepad be utilized in any way?

rank_0
AlexMaldonado
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: WiiU vs PS3 vs XBOX

Postby Rapunzel » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:09 pm

I can tell you that the Wii U will use the Gamepad to have all the menus of items for the Toy Box. It will also have the Walk Away feature so you can just play the game on the Gamepad and watch something else on the Tv.
Downside is that the second player can't use a pro controller as they are not supported. They have to use a Wii remote and (I'm assuming) a nunchuk.

rank_100
Rapunzel
Main Console: Wii U

Postby MouseMan619 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:11 pm

You can use the off screen mode on the WiiU Gamepad and an obvious touch screen integration for scrolling through objects and mounts. Though you can only use the Gamepad and a wii mote and nun chuck. No pro controller. On the ps3 though, I feel like that would be the better console to buy for because it is easier for split screen by which I mean it's all fair in who gets what remote. Unlike the WiiU, where one gets the Gamepad and the other gets the Gamepad and it might not b e entirely fair if someone else wants to use a Gamepad but can't.
"It all started with a mouse"

rank_100
MouseMan619
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby AlexMaldonado » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:29 pm

So if the controllers are a matter of preference... it seems that the WiiU might actually offer some benefits that the other consoles will not have.

When in 2 player mode will it still be split screen or will the Gamepad player look at the pad and the second player have the whole tv to themselves?

Also, you guys mentioned that the menus of items for the Toy Box mode would be on the gamepad. If that is the case, how would it work if the TV is not turned on and the game is being played in "walk away" mode?

rank_0
AlexMaldonado

Postby MouseMan619 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:55 pm

The WiiU u version uses split screen, and the game pad just display items and mounts that you can switch through quickly. The menu for the items will still show up on the screen though.
"It all started with a mouse"

rank_100
MouseMan619
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SandyClaws » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Personally, I for one would prefer selecting items on screen and not on my controller. It seems tedious but that is just me. I'd also think about anyone that you may be playing online as that may contribute to your decision.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby FROZOFAN » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Walk away mode generally disables the touch screen functions in all the the Wii U games. I think having the menus on th gamepad and freeing up some TV space is awesome, I mean really it utilizes the game pad perfectly. It's a bummer that the pro controller is not supported, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Wii U all the way ;)

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FROZOFAN » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Great find sheriff...I wonder though, when he said "I played on the wiimote nd my sister used the gamepad " did he mean the split screen put the game on the game pad for his sister and he had the full TV? This is how sonic all stars racing is on the wii u but I didn't think it would be that way for infinity. Interesting, I wish I could see the wii mote in action

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys