HOW COMPLETIST HAVE YOU BEEN WITH YOUR COLLECTION?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

HOW COMPLETIST HAVE YOU BEEN WITH YOUR COLLECTION?

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 pm

How completist have you been with your collection? Do you have both light-FX and regular versions? Did you collect the crystals/Infinites? Have you bought the Frost beast stand for Playstation, despite having an xbox? - I am going to grab myself the Avengers 'beast' display, It looks great illuminated i'm told...

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: HOW COMPLETIST HAVE YOU BEEN WITH YOUR COLLECTION?

Postby Paradox » Thu May 25, 2017 5:24 pm

I've got every regular figure as well as all the crystals. Well, every regular figure but not ones that were also sold bundled with a silk screen case like Stitch. I do have the Jack Skellington that was quite limited because he was a bit too tall for the case, still sealed, never wanted to open that one.

I did not bother to get the FX figures as I didn't and still do not want/need doubles. I enjoy displaying my figures, even now that DI is a thing of the past, and one of each is enough for the curio.

I also have all the power discs minus the D23 King Mickey one (still irks me but oh well, lol).

I did have the Frost Beast display but do not anymore as it was too big to fit inside my curio. It was very nice lit up but it's on of those things I personally don't miss. If one has the room for it though, it's a nice addition.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 pm

The base seems to sell for between 20 and 30 on eBay but only ones listed currently are collection only.

I'm going for full retail collection. Still a handful of figures that elude me but I'm in no rush. 1 disc pack left and that'll be a complete power disc collection.

Have no crystals yet though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 pm

we are currently trying to add prototypes / factory unpainted / factory errors to our collection

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby npgcole » Sun May 28, 2017 6:36 pm

I have all of the regualar figures from all 3 games as well as 1.0's crystal variants. I don't have any Light FX figures because I wasn't interested in them at the time, but if I see one again, I may go for it. I just miss buying Disney Infinity figures!
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:30 am

For me, it was more about the discs then the figures.

To answer the question, I'd still like to complete my disc collection even now.
But as I have no access to a online retailer selling the discs for a reasonable price, I do not think it is possible.
And the prices are probably rising higher now that the discs are no longer being produced.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:33 pm

@Tilarta - Yup i'm now stuck with needing all the discs that cost upwards of £3 each ( plus postage ). I find it difficult to justify to myself spending maybe another £50 on a 'dead' game just to get the rares. And at the end of the day they won't actually enhance my game experience, because other discs do similar things. - If any i'll probably just try to get the terrain discs or vehicles I need, as you can get the skies from the sky changer toy and just save them.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:16 am

The cost of the discs wasn't the issue preventing me from completing my collection, it was the cost of international postage.
Only one online retailer will ship the order internationally and they insisted I pay an exhorbitant amount for postage.
$60 dollars for a $10 order, that's not cost effective!

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 am

You need to find a family member / forum user / friend whose traveling to your neck of the Woods. They could purchase for you in Europe or wherever and mail to you 'internally'. A long shot but just a thought.

I came across the same situation with PVC sleeves for power discs ( designed for coin collectors ). The size that best accommodates only seems to be available online from the US, and the postage was extortionate compared to the cost of the actual item.

The other workaround is to find like minded people who are looking for the same thing, buy multiple and share the postage cost.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys